Graphics
nVidia Geforce GTX 460 SE
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello world! I've finally installed Lion on my pc, my hardware is ok! But not the video card.. GTX 460 SE..i can't use PCIRootUID=1 because the startup stuck at apple logo..i can't use npci=0x2000 because i have a KP..what i can do?

What are exactly the issues with your GTX 460 in Lion?
Can you boot into Lion at all?
My EVGA GTX 460 SE 1G works fully OOB in Lion with the drivers built in.

-Make sure your card is in the first PCI Express slot if your mobo has more than one.
-There might be an option in the bios for the video to be set from the PCI express instead of built in video, check it out.
-Make sure you have the lates Chimera installed as boot loader.
-Make sure sata is set to ACHI in bios and not IDE.

This is the only flag you need for the card to work in -org.chameleon.Boot.plist-

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

neysito said:
What are exactly the issues with your GTX 460 in Lion?
Can you boot into Lion at all?
My EVGA GTX 460 SE 1G works fully OOB in Lion with the drivers built in.

-Make sure your card is in the first PCI Express slot if your mobo has more than one.
-There might be an option in the bios for the video to be set from the PCI express instead of built in video, check it out.
-Make sure you have the lates Chimera installed as boot loader.
-Make sure sata is set to ACHI in bios and not IDE.

This is the only flag you need for the card to work in -org.chameleon.Boot.plist-

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
I've all! I can boot into lion, but i can't change the resolution or do other..Lion recognise my GC such as a generic nvidia with 14 mb of memory!

You haven't modified the NVGLDRIVER.BUNDLE?
For the installation i've used -v -x PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000..

When you boot your computer, after it clears POST and it loads the boot loader you're using (probably Chimera) just hit the up arrow and add your flags to the kernel there.

Alternatively, you can boot single-user (-s) and edit the Chameleon or Chimera boot loader plist in /Extra with a CLI text editor like vi, pico, or similar.

I think the is that the card is SE version.

Mate94 said:
Yes! I've wrote it! How i can use it? I can't find anything!

teolino said:
Mate94 said:

If you read my signature i use EVGA GTX 460 SE (SE stands for Special Edition) 1G and it works absolutely flawless.
Either: 1- there is something really wrong with your install or
2-you are using a different brand (not EVGA) and your card does not perform the same as mine which i doubt very much.

I did the Xmove install to an usb stick instead of another partition, then i copied the Extra folder and all it's contents to the root partition of the stick, then i installed chimera to the stick.
That way chimera boots a clean and fresh installation of Lion, then updated to 10.7.1 wich brings the latest nvidia drivers and the card performs even better.

Note: you can try the way i did it but if you did the xMove method from Snow Leopard to a different partition to use as the Lion installer, the Chimera on your Snow Leopard partiton should see and boot the installer partition. When you see the chimera GUI at boot press any key on the keyboard and it will show all the partitions available that it can boot.

edit 1- To have full support for Nvidia fermi cards u must use MacPro 3.1 System Definition.

neysito said:
teolino said:
Mate94 said:

If you read my signature i use EVGA GTX 460 SE (SE stands for Special Edition) 1G and it works absolutely flawless.
Either: 1- there is something really wrong with your install or
2-you are using a different brand (not EVGA) and your card does not perform the same as mine which i doubt very much.

I did the Xmove install to an usb stick instead of another partition, then i copied the Extra folder and all it's contents to the root partition of the stick, then i installed chimera to the stick.
That way chimera boots a clean and fresh installation of Lion, then updated to 10.7.1 wich brings the latest nvidia drivers and the card performs even better.

Note: you can try the way i did it but if you did the xMove method from Snow Leopard to a different partition to use as the Lion installer, the Chimera on your Snow Leopard partiton should see and boot the installer partition. When you see the chimera GUI at boot press any key on the keyboard and it will show all the partitions available that it can boot.

edit 1- To have full support for Nvidia fermi cards u must use MacPro 3.1 System Definition.
I've solved changing NVDGLDRIVE,GEFORCE100HAL and adding ATY_init

I'm glad u solved the issue, it just feels wrong you had to change something because that card should just work OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back