Contribute
Register

NVIDIA or ATI and WHY?

NVIDIA or ATI and WHY?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learnt a lot by buying my 5770 and trying to get it working.

Obviously that was time I could have spent on something else but now I know more about how Chameleon and Graphics Injection works rather than being blindly oblivious to it.

I like my 5770 and wish it could be added into Chameleon ...

Having said that I think that all models/makes of cards should be supported where possible to make Hack's more open to different hardware configurations.

Shame ATI/AMD don't release some generic drivers for their cards like Nvidia have.

ATI, since I do not have very fond memories of the time I spent working there. In time, I suppose the bitterness will pass, and I may start buying some of their products again...

Edit: by there, I meant nVidia...

+1 for NVIDIA :headbang:

I never liked ATI. I prefer MATROX on Windows. But now I have a ATI 5770.
And it works with three displayports. Never had a problem. Also 64 bit works. What more could I want. So I'm happy with ATI.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-30 at 4.42.15 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-30 at 4.42.15 PM.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Screen shot 2010-11-30 at 4.41.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-30 at 4.41.23 PM.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 389
ATi +1

I have found ATi's seem to run cooler and I have always been happy with the performance. Currently running a HD5770 and very happy with it.

Cooler is a bonus for me because I always overclock whichever systems I have, although strangely enough not the GFX card. Just helps keep ambient temps in the case down if the card isn't so hot!

+1 ATI

For display port and fun setting it ;)

+1 for NVIDIA for painless integration in Hackintoshes, thanks to the TonyMacX86 gang. :clap:

However, ATI use to reign in PPC and numbered Macs. I had upgraded my 7600, 8600, 9600, G3 Beige and Sawtooth Macs with ATI cards. They were THE video upgrade card for those Macs. The ATI cards in the 9600, G3 Beige and Sawtooth Macs output DVI which makes them easy to use with a DVI/USB KVM. :thumbup:

So, I'm watching how goes the integration of the ATI cards into Hacintoshes. I wouldn't hesitate to have one.

BTW, I fired up my triple boot 9600 the other day and had fun play in BeOS, System 9.2 and Tiger (10.4.11). BeOS had sooo much potential.

It was a pain to get my HD5870 working but when chameleon will get updated with the support for the Ati cards the compatibility will be about the same i guess.

ATI is now natively supported with the latest osx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back