Contribute
Register

Nvidia Kepler and Intel HD 4000 Drivers Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please try to write a clear (as far as possible) tutorial for us? :)

Thanks, but I think the more interesting log is the dmesg log not the bdmesg log which is just the bootloader log. And text is fine, no need to post a zillion screenshots.

No offense, but now I really think that you don't really know what you're talking about, and that you just managed to boot the card without acceleration. You need to have the latest build from the new macbook pros to try to enable full opengl acceleration, and that is clearly missing from your "method".

Let the gurus like netkas handle it and provide you with a full working solution in a few days and stop spreading confusion amongst the users.

Guys- we do NOT allow Mountain Lion Install methods. The Kepler stuff isn't working in 10.7.4 yet. Be patient.

Alfa147x said:
DeskIDE said:
Required frameworks are extracted from the actual MacBook Pro 2012, download link : http://goo.gl/teWVQ
Lol. I was wondering where all my hits were coming from. Came here to post this same thing.

Here is the file list:
All files different than my 2011 MacBook Pro
**** EXTENSIONS *****

AppleGraphicsControl.kext
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle
IOAcceleratorFamily.kext
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext
GeForce.kext
GeForceGLDriver.bundle
GeForceVADriver.bundle
NVDAGK100Hal.kext
NVDANV40HalG7xxx.kext
NVDANV50Hal.kext
NVDAResman.kext
NVDAResmanG7xxx.kext
NVSMU.kext

**** FRAMEWORKS ****
OpenAL.framework
OpenCL.framework
OpenGL.framework

**** PRIVATEFRAMEWORKS ****
GPUSUpport.framework

= 266.3 MB = 91.5 MB zipped

I'm thinking we need one thread for this. Any mind if we make the other the main Kepler thread?
GTX680 works in OS X
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63823

Sure thing, lets make the other one work as the main thread.

I took a look at the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext and in both kext's Info.plist files I found the following lines:
Code:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x01528086 0x01568086 0x01628086 0x01668086</string>
As I'm curious like a cat I used Intel's documentation of the Ivy Bridge CPUs to demystify the device ids:
  • 0x01528086 -> HD 2500 (desktop)[/*:m:2uv0c1ow]
  • 0x01568086 -> ? (maybe mobile version)[/*:m:2uv0c1ow]
  • 0x01628086 -> HD 4000 (desktop)[/*:m:2uv0c1ow]
  • 0x01668086 -> HD 4000 mobile version[/*:m:2uv0c1ow]
Looks like Apple's graphics driver also supports HD 2500 and we might have more luck with these units as we had with the Sandybridge's HD 2000 graphics?

This leads me to the most interesting question: has anybody already tried to get HD 2500 running?

Mieze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back