Contribute
Register

Nvidia Kepler and Intel HD 4000 Drivers Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
darukaru said:
minihack said:
While the enabler panics, you can do the patch manually as per this thread to specifically patch for the 560 Ti. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35148 Works for me.....
Good to know! Did you install the entire package or just extract the NVDA/GeForce kexts?

Just the NVDA/Geforce. Not worth the bother though except to know that it works......might as well wait until ML.

In regards to 10.7.4 Lion:

The Kepler and HD 4000 drivers are indeed in the MacBook Pro 2012 update, but the frameworks necessary for full graphics acceleration are missing. The update is not a full Combo update- it's a Delta update, which means certain frameworks are missing that ship with the MacBook Pros themselves.

In my own testing, I've not been able to get HD 4000 working. I don't have access to a Kepler graphics card, but MacMan's been doing some initial testing on 10.7.4.

DO NOT install the entire update- it will most likely break graphics support, and other stuff, as basically what you are installing is a partial update meant for a different version of the OS.

For those who are totally lost, we'll be announcing a slew of updates to our tools shortly. ;)

Terrorbyte said:
I finally was able to get my Geforce GTX680 to work with full resolution and acceleration. Also with perfect audio (5.1 Surround), USB 3.0, sleep, and network drivers without using a DSDT. No kernel flags are required to achieve full acceleration with the GTX680; it works natively.
:headbang:
Awesome! That’s great news. Looks like my aim of using an NVidia 670 in my late August 2012 planned build is looking promising.

Also, this is my first post on TonyMac!

:wave:

Como¡¡¡¡¡

Terrorbyte said:
I finally was able to get my Geforce GTX680 to work with full resolution and acceleration. Also with perfect audio (5.1 Surround), USB 3.0, sleep, and network drivers without using a DSDT. No kernel flags are required to achieve full acceleration with the GTX680; it works natively.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5eVZ ... 85YWM/edit

Faker is fake. Noobs claiming having done what netkas hasn't managed yet AND not posting any details on the solution is a clear attention grabbing attempt.

Lol... Noob is just a simple label on this website. It doesn't reflect a person general knowledge.

Terrorbyte said:

Terror,
That's great. So how did you do it?

Okay, care to post your dmesg log so we can see the errorless boot? I'm really curious about this method it seems... odd.

I just realize from after posting the pics, I used some kernel flags from my previous installation of Snow Leopard and Lion, so I correct myself... Kernel Flags are required for proper bootup to avoid kernel panics.

Great news :headbang:
Btw... use apple+shift+4 to make screenshots, then you don't have to make a shot of the whole screen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back