Gigabyte z97m-dh3
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
MSI EVOKE RX 5700XT 8GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys..
About 2 weeks ago, i bought my second hack setup, at this time, I was using a 7200 Sata3 HD. I could install everthing in a first try with clover, got ethernet and video working righ after instalation.. Istalled clover bootloader and everthing else needed, OK, it was pretty good. My CinebenchR15 resulta was always 65+ FPS on openGL test.

Now, i'm using a Sangung Evo 850 250gb as Mac OS X HD... the installation was all good as the same as the first time, everthing good as well, BUT, when i run CineBenchR15 just to check if everthing is ok, my results get worst, now i'm getting aroun 55fps on CineBenchr15 OpenGL test... I Don't Know what it can be, and why it is happening. I did everthing exactly like the first install, the only thing different is the HD.
I also tried to use nv_drive=1 bootflag, InjectNvidia, uninstall and reinstall the nvidia web driver but the results now is always the same, no more than 60 fps.

NOTE: Another difference that i Could see, is the performance of METRO 2033 game, on the first intall, it runs pretty much good with everthing on maximun settings. Now its impossible to play, impossible to get normal performance with maximum settings.

Down Here a print of my cine bench r15 results

Hardware:
Core I5 3570 3.4ghz
MOBO Gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h
8gb ddr3 1600 Hyperx Fury
GTX 760 PNY 2048mb
SSD EVo 850 250gbView attachment 206089

could not Load image on first thread.
Captura de Tela 2016-08-07 às 9.27.34 PM.png

Cinebench OpenGL test isn't meaningful at all, please don't use it for measuring your graphics performance.
Unigine Valley / Heaven are much better, especially at high graphics presets (e.g. "Extreme" or "Extreme HD").

Metro 2033 needs the Nvidia WebDrivers to run properly on Nvidia GPUs due to some performance issues in Apples drivers. Instaling them should fix your problem.

Cinebench OpenGL test isn't meaningful at all, please don't use it for measuring your graphics performance.
Unigine Valley / Heaven are much better, especially at high graphics presets (e.g. "Extreme" or "Extreme HD").

Metro 2033 needs the Nvidia WebDrivers to run properly on Nvidia GPUs due to some performance issues in Apples drivers. Instaling them should fix your problem.

I'm already using the Nvidia Web drivers... I was using this since first installation when I got good results... now I'm getting bad results even using Nvidia web drivers =(

Tks.

Are you sure the WebDrivers are used? Maybe the boot argument got lost somehow.

You can verify it by checking which kexts are loaded (e.g. System Profiler, Software, Extensions). The "WebDrivers" should have a "Web" suffix in their names.

I didn't check which kexts are loaded like u say to do. But i'm pretty sure that I installed the webdrivers.pkg, a 4 or 5 times to be exactly.

Just to confirm how to check it, i have to go to System Profiler>Software>Extensions and look if there is a WebDriver is there? Can I use "kextstat" to check it as well?

Tks!

Last edited:
I didn't check which kexts are loaded like u say to do. But i'm pretty sure that I installed the webdrivers.pkg, a 4 or 5 times to be exactly.

Just to confirm how to check it, i have to go to System Profiler>Software>Extensions and look if there is a WebDriver is there? Can I use "kextstat" to check it as well?

Tks!

You can use the command:

sudo kextstat | grep nv

You can use the command:

sudo kextstat | grep nv

I just checked it, and the results was:

System/Library/System Profiler= Anything with Web or Nvidia or NV suffix inside.
HD/Library/System Profiler = Empty, nothing inside, not even folders.

With sudo kextstat, i found this with "web" in name... is that right or my nvida web drivers are really not installed as should be:
Captura de Tela 2016-08-08 às 7.46.52 PM.png

NOTE: before i post here, i did uninstall nvida web drivers, I open my congi.plist to check if was any "nv" bootflag active, then reboot and installed web drivers all over again.. same results..

Tks.

Did you ever fix this issue? I have similar CINEBENCH scores with the GTX760
I just checked it, and the results was:

System/Library/System Profiler= Anything with Web or Nvidia or NV suffix inside.
HD/Library/System Profiler = Empty, nothing inside, not even folders.

With sudo kextstat, i found this with "web" in name... is that right or my nvida web drivers are really not installed as should be:
View attachment 206248

NOTE: before i post here, i did uninstall nvida web drivers, I open my congi.plist to check if was any "nv" bootflag active, then reboot and installed web drivers all over again.. same results..

Tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back