Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX5xx fully work + no freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
minihack said:
If you are asking what kind of performance you need to put in a measure to compare it....
364 with the Luxmark Sala benchmark. I get 436 for the CPU-only benchmark (on an Intel i7 920 @ 3.9 GHz). Maybe that performance isn't as bad as I thought for this card, but I thought it would be able to beat the CPU for this type of application.

Cheers

kuwan said:
minihack said:
If you are asking what kind of performance you need to put in a measure to compare it....
364 with the Luxmark Sala benchmark. I get 436 for the CPU-only benchmark (on an Intel i7 920 @ 3.9 GHz). Maybe that performance isn't as bad as I thought for this card, but I thought it would be able to beat the CPU for this type of application.

Cheers

How does it compare to similar cards on the Luxmark database? You can do a search to check it out.

My new components should be arriving tomorrow to assemble my first build. I plan to be using the EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked (012-P3-1572-AR). I plan to run Lion 10.7.3. Based on everything I've read, I should be in the clear to get this card running without any major issues, right? :?

nickeleye said:
My new components should be arriving tomorrow to assemble my first build. I plan to be using the EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked (012-P3-1572-AR). I plan to run Lion 10.7.3. Based on everything I've read, I should be in the clear to get this card running without any major issues, right? :?

Did you ge the card? interested to see if it worked out alright

I've had the card for my PC for a few months now. It's the rest of my build that I'd been waiting on. I just assembled my rig last night and got Win7 installed on one drive. I am currently preparing my Unibeast USB drive so I can install my Mac SSD and will hopefully get Lion installed shortly. I really hope this works out well.

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU - Intel i5 2500k (I do plan to OC)
CPU HSF - Noctua NH-D14
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-750HX (750w modular)
SSD#1 - OWC 120gb 6gb/s (already own this in my Mac Mini - will move to new system)
SSD#2 - Crucial 256 GB m4 SSD (for installing Windows 7)
RAM - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaw Series
Video - EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked (from existing Win7 machine)
Sound - Xonar XD (For Windows use only. There do not seem to be any OSX kexts)
CD/DVD-ROM - Sony AD-7280S-0B
Case - Corsair Graphite Series 600T

i installed the nvidia drivers for my GeForce 560 Ti and the system works fine, no freezes or crashs.

Strange thing is that the card is recognized as: nVidia GeForce GT 440 1024 MB

Is there a fix for this? I tried several other solutions to get the 560Ti running, but since i installed the official nvidia drivers, i keeps recognizing my card as a GT440.

Any ideas? How can i delete all additional drivers? Or how can i delete the official nVidia Drivers?

EDIT: i added my Device ID inside the NVDAGF100Hal.kext info.plist file as suggested in another thread but thats not working (only one resolution to choose from) - restoring the original NVDAGF100Hal.kext fixes this, but im back to my GTX560 acting like a GT440 : (

Baoren said:
I was able to install latest drivers on my laptop (g74sx) with macbook pro 8.3 system definition. I don't know if what i did was correct, but if it was I think it should work with any system definition.

right click on file "270.00.00f01 Web Release"->show package content
navigate and look for "webDriverPayload_SVSSJ.pkg" copy it somewhere. launch it and install won't check for system definition anymore. freezes sell there. i'd need a good agpm for 560m :S

I did it and no more freezes, thanks

anyone got this working with a 560ti ? the nvidia drivers recognize my card as nVidia GeForce GT 440 1024 MB :banghead:

I can't get rid of freezes :banghead:
What kexts are modified by MultiBeast and NVIDIA official drivers? I want to replace them with vanilla ones from my MBP and do graphics installation again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back