Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX5xx fully work + no freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gave me a black screen, oh well back to CCC

evga x58 sli
EVGA 560 TI

Updated to 10.7.3, and installed the NVidia Drivers. I'll let you guys know when I get a freeze.

GTX 460 1GB

Thanks for posting this! Installed the Nvidia drivers and will report back.

EDIT:
About 20 minutes after posting this and restarting with new driver I had another freeze while using Firefox. Back to my Radeon card, I think :/

AGPM will not work if you're machine is set as MacPro3,1, you'll have to use something else (iMac12,2, MacPro5,1)... just beware that using MacPro5,1 will cause AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to load and crash likely, so you should stick with an iMac type.

Also make sure your AGPM.kext info.plist entry for your nvidia card is set to the proper Mac type (iMac,12,2 etc).

Ok so I finally got cl and cuda working. But something seems to be wrong since I'm getting luxmark scores in the mid 200's and no thats not 200k. I have a gtx 550ti with a gig of ram, a asus board with a core i7 2600k. I shouldn't be getting this low a score...should I?

mizino said:
Ok so I finally got cl and cuda working. But something seems to be wrong since I'm getting luxmark scores in the mid 200's and no thats not 200k. I have a gtx 550ti with a gig of ram, a asus board with a core i7 2600k. I shouldn't be getting this low a score...should I?
I also have a GTX 550 Ti with 2 GB of RAM and am getting very poor OpenCL performance. As such, I am skeptical that the "OpenCL Enabler" works properly. While technically, yes, it does enable OpenCL for my particular card, performance is so poor that I can't believe that people find this acceptable. I'm currently developing an application that uses OpenCL so I need more than "oh I ran an app that uses OpenCL and it worked". I need the proper performance that this card should be capable of.

So I'm curious, if you've got a GTX 5xx card, what kind of performance are you getting out of OpenCL?

Cheers

I too have managed to get my MSI GTX 560Ti 1280MB card going full speed with this driver in 1080p mode with the Asus P8V68 V Pro using an Core i5 2500. Here is my guide:

1) Disable HPET and Speedstep in the BIOS, making sure you have AHCI on.
2) Install Lion 10.7 using Unibeast USB stick and then combo update to 10.7.3 and add Multibeast Easybeast (with hnak's AppleIntelE network drivers or your board's network drivers, no graphics) and reboot back via hard disk into the system. Once that's done, install the Nvidia Fermi DMG (Retail_270.00.00f01.dmg) and DON'T PRESS RESTART until the following is completed (as you would otherwiae get black screen at OSX bootup):
1) Install the GTX 5XX 10.7.3 Enabler files including the CUDA installer.
2) Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extras to have GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 in the Kernel Flag string and PCIRootUID with string of 0. ie.<key>PCIRootUID</key><string>0</string>
3) Backup delete AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext in /S/L/E
4) Using Kext Wizard, install the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext into System/Library/Extensions from http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=f ... 2d2e3d1ef4 and select the Systems Permissions Repair and Rebuild Cache.
5) With OSX86 Tools, add the Quartz installer (button is on the top left of program)
6) Click Restart on Fermi installer and reboot! Once rebooted, you should be able to see the system with full res! If the screen zooms go to Display settings and uncheck the Overscan button on the right. :)

anytime i try to play back a video in final cut, the screen turns pink/black and then i need to restart. then as soon as the screen logs back into lion, saem deal. it just takes a few different resets to get it back to usable, but i am always faced with the crash with this scenario.

tried changing to macpro 3.1 , used a few things suggested on multibeast (nvidia graphics, power nul etc) and none have worked.

using

i7 3770k
Z77 UD5H GIGABYTE
560ti gigabyte 1gb
16 gig of ram

60gig intel SSD
2tb Segate 7200 hd

very frustrating having everyhting load up so quickly and then hitting this wall!!

just want to use my new toy haha

kuwan said:
mizino said:
I also have a GTX 550 Ti with 2 GB of RAM and am getting very poor OpenCL performance. As such, I am skeptical that the "OpenCL Enabler" works properly. While technically, yes, it does enable OpenCL for my particular card, performance is so poor that I can't believe that people find this acceptable. I'm currently developing an application that uses OpenCL so I need more than "oh I ran an app that uses OpenCL and it worked". I need the proper performance that this card should be capable of.

So I'm curious, if you've got a GTX 5xx card, what kind of performance are you getting out of OpenCL?

Cheers

If you are asking what kind of performance you need to put in a measure to compare it....

For instance, download Luxmark and do the benchmarks (ticking for GPU only - not CPU). Using the default scene of "Sala" in Luxmark my 560 Ti is getting a result of 941 in that. What about your cards using the same test?

In sala test, I'm getting 1055 points with a single GTX580 gpu and 2110 points if I select both of my GTX580 cards. Seems to be in line with the other results on luxmarks site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back