Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Formula
CPU
Intel i7 980 3.33 gHz
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Hey guys!

What could be the reason for Nvidia Web drivers to not load on El Capitan, despite them being properly installed?

The actual driver IS being used in System Preferences, the radio button is clicked, but its AS IF it wasn't.

I've gone through all the possible issues on the Nvidia Problems thread, this doesn't fall into any of them.

Latest OS X El Capitan is installed, and latest available drivers for El Capitan are installed. NvidiaWeb is checked in Clover, and I also have the EmuVariableUefi.efi installed, as well as RC scripts.

Providing my config.plist file if anybody wants to take a look :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.8 KB · Views: 42
What could be the reason for Nvidia Web drivers to not load on El Capitan
Because the GTX 1080 needs at least Sierra 10.12.4 and the matching web drivers.

Because the GTX 1080 needs at least Sierra 10.12.4 and the matching web drivers.
So what's the whole reason the driver exists for El Capitan? For older Nvidia card?

Are there any known workarounds?

None that I have seen.
Use an OS that supports your hardware or use hardware that is supported in your chosen OS.

So what's the whole reason the driver exists for El Capitan? For older Nvidia card?

Yes, the El Capitan web drivers are for older cards such as GTX 960. The Nvidia drivers for the GTX 10xx cards only works on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 and above and High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back