Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming G1 Rev 1.0
CPU
i7 6770K
Graphics
GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. iMac
You've tried running the latest 10.10..4 web driver pkg on a 10.10.5 beta install and got the message of failure 'Mac OSX Version is not compatible... 10.10.5 (14F6a) is not supported...' ? Here's the solution;-

Simple:

1. download the latest 10.10.4 Web drivers (WebDriver-346.01.03f01.pkg) beta Found at http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.01.03f01/WebDriver-346.01.03f01.pkg

2. Using Pacifist force Install the above pkg and after the installs finished then EXTRACT the kexts etc using Pacifist to any named drive/ folder.

3. Open & Edit boot plist with text wrangler and type kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 into your boot plist, SAVE & close.

4. Like above, but this time run Terminal and type in: sudo nvram boot-args="-v kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1" ENTER (-v if you want to verbose screen)

5. Now goto your extracted drive/folder where the kexts etc are and find the kext 'NVDAStartup.kext', right click SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS, open Contents and seek the file 'info.plist'.

6. Open & edit this 'info.plist' with text wrangler and change under
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
to read
<string>14F6a</string> (doing this will force 10.10.5 compatibility)

7. SAVE & CLOSE Text wrangler.

8. Grab Kext Wizard or a similar Kext installer, run it and drag across all the 10.10.4 Web drivers files (which includes your edited NVDAStartup.kext) from your extracted named Drive/folder across into Kext Wizard's >Installation tab>'Select Kexts to Install'. Install them all.

9. Click on Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab and checkbox System/Library/Extensions>Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache and Execute. Close Kext Wizard.

10. Reboot, all should be cool. All should be working perfectly. You'll see something like this for example under 'About this Mac';-

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)
Processor blah blah
Memory blah blah
Startup disk blah blah
Graphics NVIDIA Graphics Device 6143 MB

Viola!

PS if you have any probs on certain motherboards where you have to install without drivers first, then boot with nv disable forget internal card if you have one. Also check your bios is sorted to boot first the gtx (PEG)

Last edited:
I follow the steps and it does not work for me.
My Graphic cards is GTX 740.

Finally, I use NVidiaWebdriverModder to solve my web driver problem.

not working 980ti... picture plz..
no vram unkonwun
but hdmi no.. dvi...is ok..

help me..

webdriver WebDriver-346.01.03f01

not working.. help me

http://i.imgur.com/1nRyH14.png

I have already upgraded the OS to 10.10.5 and using the modder to solve the web driver compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back