Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Picked up the following GTX 960 GPU:

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-1962-KR

I was previously running on a Radeon 5770, which has been largely problem free throughout my hackintoshing. I decided to see if installing the CUDA and nVidia drivers would fly with the AMD card installed and was able to boot (Clover Legacy) when the nVidia card was installed, though I couldn't get anything besides 1024x768 for the only resolution available. I tried switching to the Web drivers and every time it would boot it would somehow revert back to the "OS X Default Graphics Driver".

Tried uninstalling the drivers and got stuck in a boot loop. Booted into safe mode and installed the drivers again and this time trying different boot flags. Finally got it to boot into my default resolution of 1920x1200 using "nvda_drv=1" in Clover. The hardware acceleration appears to be running, but I'm running into the same issue with the drivers. When I open up the nVidia preferences pane, I can toggle to the Web Drivers, reboot, and it goes back to the default graphics settings.

I believe I followed the instructions elsewhere, to boot with nv_disable=1, install the drivers, reboot the same way, enable the web drivers in the preference pane, and then reboot with nvda_drv=1.

Can anyone help with getting the web drivers to stick? Any tips?

I bought the 960 w/ the hopes of using it w/ the HDMI 2.0 to drive a 4k TV as a monitor.

You have to boot with nvda_drv=1 in your config. What it says in the preference pane is just cosmetic.

You have to boot with nvda_drv=1 in your config. What it says in the preference pane is just cosmetic.

I verified that the checked box in Clover Configurator (also saving the settings) did in fact alter the boot arguments in Clover. Looked at Options in Clover and it shows up as a boot argument. It's pretty obvious when it's not enabled as the OS will only run at 1024x768.

The only thing I can think of is whether SIP is playing a role in this? I forget off the cuff, but I believe I initially installed El Cap with a Unibeast installer, which has a custom profile for SIP, as I recall.

Checking SIP status in Terminal reveals the following:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

Would the NVRAM being locked down be the issue in terms of getting the drivers/kexts to fully engage?

If so, I'm on to my next issue. I can't seem to boot into my recovery drive (to disable SIP for the driver installation) after the upgrade from the AMD 5770 to the nVidia GTX 960.

Edit: Booted into the recovery drive with nv_disable=1, ran "csrutil disable" in Terminal, booted back into El Cap, ran "Csrutil status", which indicates, again, the custom settings. Also tried running "csrutil --without nvram" in the recovery mode's Terminal, again resulting in the same readout in El Cap, that NVRAM protections are still enabled. :-S

Bump? Anyone else have issues with SIP being properly disabled when these commands are run from recovery mode?

SIP isn't your issue, you have something else going on. Post your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back