Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Nvidia GTX 680 broke after 10.8.3 update (SOLVED)

After installing the 10.8.3 update I can no longer boot with my EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 card installed. The message I get is:

"Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFrameBuffer/AppleINtelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt"

Without the card installed, I can boot normally - no problems.

I've tried to replace the "IOGraphicsFamily.kext", "IONDRVSupport.kext" and "IOPCIFamily.kext" from 10.8.2 without any luck either.

Also tried disabling the internal HD4000 card in BIOS, but no joy.

I have installed the updated CUDA driver as well.

This also happens booting with -x

I've posted this issue in the 10.8.3 update thread as well, and it seems like some other people have this issue. I'm posting it here, so that we can have an own thread about it - as the 10.8.3 thread is kind of hard and long to keep track of.

I have a Z77x-UP5TH MOBO with a i7 3.4 processor btw.

Any ideas anyone?

Nvidia GTX 680 broke after 10.8.3 update [SOLVED]

I managed to solve this now!

I deleted the /Extra/ folder, and run MultiBeast again. Then disabled the HD4000 in BIOS and it worked.

Remember the GraphicsEnabler=No boot option.

One happy hackintosher again. :)

Seems like the AirPlay icon in the top bar is gone. I can play music from iTunes to my Apple TV. But no display mirroring and stuff like that. Not a biggie for me, don't use it on this computer anyway. But kind of annoying yes!

I am having similar problems with my Gigabyte 680. I have an ASRock Extreme4 Z77 Mobo.
Can you explain a bit more in-depth what you did to fix? I created my own thread but I thought I might ask you.
Thanks

* Removed the Nvidia card from the PCI slot, enabled HD4000 so that I could boot into OS X.
* Deleted the /Extra folder, and run MultiBeast again (remember the
GraphicsEnabler=No option) .
* Restarted and disabled the HD4000 in BIOS
* Logged into OS X normally.

I have a suspicion that the NVRAM and device-property stuff inside /Extra folder was the issue. They are no longer present there when I set up the /Extra folder again - and it works now.

Just a update, I can enable the internal HD4000 as well now without any problems.

Not sure if really necessary, but in BIOS set "Init display first" to igfx. I think this is needed if you want Airplay enabled. I've defined my tosh as a Mac Pro 3.1 now, so Airplay is not available anyway (it is only for newer iMac and Mac Mini system definitions). But I get about a 1000 points better Geekbench result when defining it as a Mac Pro 3.1 as compared to a iMac 13,1. Not sure why. As I don't use Airplay on this computer anyway, I prefer the better preformance.

I have the same issue with my GTX580 ...

But i don't know how to fix this... :(

Any idea somebody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back