NVIDIA GTX 1060 - Optimus Card working in Sierra on Latest Pascal Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GS63VR 6RF
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Intel 530 / Nvidia 1060 (disabled - optimus)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just wanted to post pictures of the 1060 graphics card (Optimus variant in laptop) actually working in Sierra. In order to get it working I installed the latest pascal drivers from Nvidia and plugged a monitor into the HDMI port. I saw that it was showing the second display running on the 1060 card, so I changed that display to be the default and then it also migrated the laptop built in display over to the Nvidia card as well. I ran tests in Cinebench to confirm this card is active and the performance level. I don't mind having to have a monitor on the HDMI in order to have it active! This is on the MSI stealth GS63VR Pro-001

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.57.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.04.30 AM.png

EDIT: after checking with Rehabman , it appears it is not a true optimus setup. The nvidia discrete graphics is a dual graphics card setup. It is mapped to the hdmi and displayport. In windows it just uses the optimus software/drivers to route the graphics over to the internal display.

Last edited:
hello, very good news! post your efi/clover setup please here, also kext which you use, i have same laptop! thanks i also ordered new wifi for it to make it compactible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back