Contribute
Register

Nvidia GT610 glitches and poor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I recently installed Sierra on an HP Compaq Tower. All is working fine. But the Performance on my Graphics Card is very poor. I just followed a few Guides here on the Forum but I Can't get it working. Now I have the problem, that the System Preferences shows a "NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB" but the Nvidia Web Driver is installed.

In Clover I have the following Boot args: dart=0 nv_disabled=1 (I read that the argument have to be disabled, but it's resetting every reboot, should I edit the plist file?)
Under Graphics Injector I disabled InjectNvidia only.

Does anyone have a solution?

System Report:

Graphics:
NVIDIA Chip Model:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA Chip Model

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 5 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x104a

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

System Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)

Now I used the argument "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and the Driver works now. But the resolution is set to 800x640 and when I changed it to my native resolution the System is freezing.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Now I used the argument "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and the Driver works now. But the resolution is set to 800x640 and when I changed it to my native resolution the System is freezing.
The GT610 is not supported in Sierra.
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera/Chameleon boot loader and is not valid in Clover.

This Thread is saying, that they get the GT610 working
Getting it working is a different thing than being supported by the operating system.

Is the GTX 1050 TI fully supported?
The GTX 1050 does not have native support but works with the addition of the Nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back