Nvidia GT430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68M-Pro
CPU
Graphics
HD3000
Hi, sorry if this is an obvious question but I've tried searching and I've had no luck.

Ive installed High Sierra on a spare SSD to test it out but I'm struggling to find a list of supported Nvidia graphics cards, I have a really old GT430 and theres no native support for this in High Sierra from what i gather....i take it this card is pretty much useless in High Sierra now as theres limited resolution and no acceleration?

I also have Internal Graphics (HD3000) which works with acceleration fine, but suffers from the random glitches and artefacts which from what i also gather there is no real definite fix for?

I have no problem sticking it out on Sierra if this is the case as the GT430 works fine for me there, but didn't want to stay on Sierra if there was a way of getting the GT430 or the HD3000 fully working.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my gt430- went back to Sierra. If you enabled acceleration did you get all kinds of horrible artifacts and screen flickering? Mine system was only usable with -nvdisable=1. (The graphics were corrupt with both the standard OS X drivers and the Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra. (but boot over to sierra and everything is great)

I have the same issue with my gt430- went back to Sierra. If you enabled acceleration did you get all kinds of horrible artifacts and screen flickering? Mine system was only usable with -nvdisable=1. (The graphics were corrupt with both the standard OS X drivers and the Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra. (but boot over to sierra and everything is great)
Yeah that's pretty much the same experience I had, just wanted something conclusive that any support for this card is now completely dropped in HS.
The fact that no one has reported to have this card working in HS is pointing towards this as well.

Not the end of the world, to brutally honest HS doesn't seem that much of an upgrade to warrant buying a new GPU card for so I'll probably hang with Sierra for now...cheers for the confirmation.

I am using GT640, what I did is don’t Inject Nvidia driver, but tick the web driver in clover Bootloader,
You must install clover on the usb drive where you install the HS installation disk, and use clover configuration to edit your efi, remember also to to put the necessary kext in efi folder.
Yeah I get all that, High Sierra is fully installed, I did that using the hd3000 but when the artefacts and glitches started happening I looked into getting the gt430 working.
I'm aware that the better and later Nvidia cards like yours are still working, but I'm talking about the gt430 specifically.

Thanks for your input nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I not yet install Webdriver from nvidia, however, my GT640 is fully working.
My simbios is iMac 18.2
That's great for you, but I'm already aware that these cards are working.
I'm talking about the gt 430 SPECIFICALLY.

FYI I've managed to get it working at full resolution now, but still no acceleration so it's kinda useless.

Other people are reporting artifacting and flickering with other cards. My 660 is unusable in 10.13 after a few minutes, because of it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-660ti-graphics-issues.231979/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-660-glitch-issue-with-macos-high-sierra-10-13.233101/
On the gt430 it's not so much artifacts, it's completely unusable, no wallpaper just black and click to open a finder window or an app and it just loses the plot completely.

On the hd3000 I get artifacts after a while, but this has been happening on the hd3000 for the last few OS X releases, since 10.8 I think, and no fix has ever been identified so I don't think it's related to High Sierra.

I've managed to get full resolution on the gt430 now with no freezing or weirdness, by reinstalling a load of Sierra Kexts, but still no acceleration so it's not really usable.

I have the same problem.
I try everything:
-installed HS without conversion to APFS
-intalled Lilu and Nvidia graphics fix kexts
-install fresh Sierra that update to HS

nothing worked. I can boot only with nv_disable=1.
I have gt430 too.

Do you have any ideas?

I saw that if I boot with -x I get full resolution but still no acceleration

I have the same problem.
I try everything:
-installed HS without conversion to APFS
-intalled Lilu and Nvidia graphics fix kexts
-install fresh Sierra that update to HS

nothing worked. I can boot only with nv_disable=1.
I have gt430 too.

Do you have any ideas?

I saw that if I boot with -x I get full resolution but still no acceleration
No luck here buddy, installing the kexts from Sierra that start with /S/L/E/GeForcexxxx.kext from Sierra allow you get full resolution without need to use safe mode, but still no acceleration...performance like this is better than in safe mode, but obviously not great.

That's as far as my hacking skills go lol, hoping someone a lot smarter than me can find a resolution for this, ive only installed HS on my spare drive for now so I'll be sticking with Sierra for the foreseeable future...please update this thread with any solution when/if one appears, I'll do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back