Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I'll start with the Nvidia GT220 card 1024Mo.
If the card is well recognized by NVEnabler_64.kext which provides a full QE CI support at start, it only recognizes 32Mo out of 1024 that makes the whole system really slow and freezy... Does anyone have an idea to get the NVEnabler recognises the card's real amount of Mo?

I can add the fact that ATY_init.kext seems to recognize the complete amount of Mo but I only managed to run the -x mode cause of a mis intallation of my msi7316 card...

Any idea ?

Spike

ps: Thanks Tony!

Ok it works with ATY_init.kext, I get a 1440x900x32@75 with full QE CI support, it indicates that I can go as far as 1980x1080(with my 23" screen) but whenever I try to enable it it crashes and I get a nice light blue screen...
Keep investigating
Spike

Try using a DSDT for your motherboard with graphicsenabler=yes in the smbios.plist
As you didn't provide any other details than your card, it's hard to know what to suggest.
But the card you have should be supported afaik.

Sorry for that these are my specs :

HP Elite HPE-010fr

CPUs: Intel i5 750 @2,67Ghz
Mobo : P55 MSI 7613 (indio)
RAM : 6G0 1066Mhz
Video Card : Nvidia GT220 1024 Mo
Snow is installed on a USB hard drive...

I don't know if it's enough actually... Well the thing is I used the DSDT.aml I obtained from the Tonymaxx86 NV2XX boot cd and I tried too with a custom DSDT I created from DSDT patcher program... I'm quite sure I'm quite near to make it work but I miss something...

Spike

Spike,
I'm having issues of resolution with the same GT 220 card. I can't get it to recognize over 1024x768 and yes it doesn't see all the memory in the System Info. EVGA doesn't have a Mac driver nor does Nvidia directly. I have a Gigabyte P55-UD4 board and it is booting fine. Because i have it in a Micro case, i don't want a huge two slot power hungry card that barely fits. The video is really slow however and I haven't been able to figure out how to get audio working yet either. I'm not a coder or programmer and don't understand what a kext is, etc. so i feel really fortunate to get this far but I'd like to get it fully functional so i can use it for remote editing. Tony has been really helpful but I've worn out his fingers typing to help me.

@VideoLasVegas :
I found a way to fix the resolution problem without QE support...actually I reach a 1920x1080x32@60 with a modified NVEnabler64 I did a kext mixing the NVEnabler kextinfo.plist and the ATY_init Kext's one, I'm doing tests at the moment ... It works in -x but it's really slow in normal boot whenever QE is enabled... maybe a problem with the required libraries...

As for the audio, I fixed it using HDAEnabler.kext I got from the TonymacX86-NV2XX boot cd. I tried VoodooHDA.kext too and it worked if I remember well...(oh yes but I'm using a USB hard drive that i use both on my laptop and on my desktop... that's why I needed voodooHDA too)

About Kexts : They are (if you're used to Linux or BSD systems) Kernel Extensions or Modules(in Linux) in a way they are the "drivers" you know in windows...

@SvenkTiger :

I tried several of those kexts with the GT220, but either the ram is not fully recognized or the resolution roofs at 1440x900 or again it works but it's laggy...

Thank you for your explanation of kexts. Drivers i understand. My background is totally Windows and mostly on the hardware side. 25 years ago i knew enough code to navigate a dos prompt but that was it.

Good luck with your testing to get the resolution issues resolved. A slow screen, seeing only 32meg or memory or only in safe mode won't really suffice in the real world of using the machine for editing so i'm confident you'll come up with the solution and i'll wait till you figure it out before i risk lousing up my installation.

I'm going to try to get sound working in the next couple of days and hopefully i won't louse anything up. After this machine gets sound and graphics working properly, then I can install Final Cut Studio and Adobe CS4 and test this machine for real to see if other issues specific to the application software surface.

The only thing I can find this

Works with adding EFI String from OSX86Tool for a 9800GTX DDL with Chameleon RC4. Working with EFI String in Boot.plist with Chameleon RC4

But that might be a typo, as the owner has written GTS 220 in the description and it's not based on the same GPU as the 9800GTX.

It has 48 "CUDA cores/stream processors" or shaders, which none of the past Nvidia generations have, which might cause some problems, as you can't just take a setting for an old card and go with it.

I'd suggest you have a read here http://efixusers.com/showthread.php?p=5623 as he's got his card working properly. It takes a bit of an effort though, so read the instructions properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back