Contribute
Register

nVidia GT240 Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba A660
CPU
i3 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT330M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Anyone has any idea how to settle down noise of Gigabyte GT240? I guess fan is blowing at full rate. Is the only way to settle it down to change the cooling?

tomas.freesun said:
Anyone has any idea how to settle down noise of Gigabyte GT240? I guess fan is blowing at full rate. Is the only way to settle it down to change the cooling?

I have the EVGA model of the GT 240, but I had an issue where the fan was going nutty. I reseated the card a bunch of times, to no effect. What did work was to remove the fan cable and reinsert- now has full fan control with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Sidenote: I noticed that after a DSDT graphics edit, the OpenGL performance was higher. :thumbup:

Fan control works in Windows (it's noisy while booting then goes quiet) but no in Mac OS X. I guess that was not your case?

tomas.freesun said:
Fan control works in Windows (it's noisy while booting then goes quiet) but no in Mac OS X. I guess that was not your case?

What are you using to enable the 240? Here's the code I use for DSDT:

Public/DSDT-GT240+HDMI.dsl

But the fan is quiet even when booting with GraphicsEnabler and no DSDT edits. Could be an issue with the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back