Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3P
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
GT 730
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, i'm about 5 days of tries to setup nvidiaweb drivers and high sierra 10.13.4. What I've done:

- updated clover and drivers (SMBIOS Mac 14,2)
- installed update Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext >= 1.2 -- in /EFI/Clover/kext/others and /Library/Extensions ;)
- added EmuVariableUEFI + RC Scripts, OsxAptioFixDrv + 2 + 3;
- added Pike R. Alpha method 3 for kernel patching;
- used new method (nvidiaweb = true);
- used the latest nvidia web drivers 30.107;
- various trial and error mixes.

With NvidiaWeb disabled os boots without drivers and acceleration. With NvidiaWeb enabled it hangs at gIOScreenLockState.

I'm out of ideas. On El Capitan (where I'm writing this post from a backup boot) everything works great.

Need to change my graphics card? Any other suggestion?

Unfortunately we are a small bunch in that situation (see this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-msi-geforce-gt730-nightmare.234146/ ). No solution yet :( If you have made some progress I'm still interested!

Hey is there any progress with this? I have new device that has GT 730 and I can only boot in to my system if I use nv_disable=1. I tried using and not using web drivers for 10.13.6 but doesn't make my card recognised. It only shows as Nvidia chip model 7 mb in "about my Mac". If I don't use nv_disable=1, I end up with screen that sleeps after apple logo!

I have correct resolution of screen but it doesn't recognise my card. If I use "web drivers" in clover config, it doesn't change anything. If I use "inject Nvidia" my card gets seen as 2GB card that it is, but I don't think it is real as the skin flickering and distortion doesn't go away.

Is GT 730 a dead end for High Sierra?

EDIT: I have got it working full resolution with 2 display port connections!
my boot flags are: npci=0x2000 and nvda_drv=1

I have web drivers installed and under system parameters in clover config, I have inject kexts yes, injection system ID and NvidiaWeb ticked. Also I have installed Whatevergreen.kext and Nvidiadisplayfix kext (forgot exact name) - in my S/L/E.

I am not sure what has worked for me. I hope this helps guys in this thread and others.

EDIT: I have got it working full resolution with 2 display port connections!
my boot flags are: npci=0x2000 and nvda_drv=1

I have web drivers installed and under system parameters in clover config, I have inject kexts yes, injection system ID and NvidiaWeb ticked. Also I have installed Whatevergreen.kext and Nvidiadisplayfix kext (forgot exact name) - in my S/L/E.

I am not sure what has worked for me. I hope this helps guys in this thread and others.
Holy cow, I have been trying for 5 days. I will try. Could you make a little guide and upload some screen shots?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_700_series

There are 3 different versions of the GT 730 :

(1) One based on the Fermi chip (GF108) with 96 cuda cores
(2) One based on the Kepler chip (GK208-301) with 384 cuda cores and uses DDR3 VRAM
(3) One based on the Kepler chip (GK208-400) with 384 cuda cores and uses GDDR5 VRAM

It seems that (3) requires the Nvidia web drivers whereas the other two do not.

Perhaps you guys should try to ascertain which variant of GT 730 you have first?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_700_series

There are 3 different versions of the GT 730 :

(1) One based on the Fermi chip (GF108) with 96 cuda cores
(2) One based on the Kepler chip (GK208-301) with 384 cuda cores and uses DDR3 VRAM
(3) One based on the Kepler chip (GK208-400) with 384 cuda cores and uses GDDR5 VRAM

It seems that (3) requires the Nvidia web drivers whereas the other two do not.

Perhaps you guys should try to ascertain which variant of GT 730 you have first?
Ok this is a good idea. If I am booted in to my Mac with no access to Windows on this machine, how do I check which of the 3 chips is mine?

Holy cow, I have been trying for 5 days. I will try. Could you make a little guide and upload some screen shots?

Yes can do a guide. But most of what I did was done using Clover Configurator.

Step 1) Make all changes in clover config and save
Step 2) Install Whatevergreen.kext and Nvidiadisplayfix kext (forgot exact name) - in my S/L/E.
Step 3) Install web drivers and when prompted restart.

What to change in Clover Config?

a) tick on two boot flags under BOOT subsection (and any other if you have some specific to your system you've been using) - (1) npci= 0x2000 (2) nvda_drv=1

b) In SYSTEM PARAMETERS section (a) Inject kexts = Yes (b) Inject System ID = tick (c) Nvidia web = tick

Yes can do a guide. But most of what I did was done using Clover Configurator.

Step 1) Make all changes in clover config and save
Step 2) Install Whatevergreen.kext and Nvidiadisplayfix kext (forgot exact name) - in my S/L/E.
Step 3) Install web drivers and when prompted restart.

What to change in Clover Config?

a) tick on two boot flags under BOOT subsection (and any other if you have some specific to your system you've been using) - (1) npci= 0x2000 (2) nvda_drv=1

b) In SYSTEM PARAMETERS section (a) Inject kexts = Yes (b) Inject System ID = tick (c) Nvidia web = tick
Thanks. I will try that tonight. I always get a "prevent idle sleep list: IODisplayWrangler+ (1)" :(

Ok this is a good idea. If I am booted in to my Mac with no access to Windows on this machine, how do I check which of the 3 chips is mine?

boot from linux usb

This is my Gigabyte GT640 (GV-N640OC-2GI Rev 1.0) based on GK107
lspci -nn
Code:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 640] [10de:0fc1] (rev a1)

or nvflash tools

nvflash_linux --version
Code:
mint nvflash # ./nvflash_linux --version

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.414.0)
Simplified Version For OEM Only
Adapter: GeForce GT 640       (10DE,0FC1,1458,353E) H:--:NRM  S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (C8,4012) : GD GD25Q20 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Reading adapter firmware image...
IFR Data Size         : 928 bytes
IFR CRC32             : C2D24E16
IFR Image Size        : 1024 bytes
IFR Image CRC32       : D96F202B
IFR Subsystem ID      : 1458-353E
Image Size            : 181760 bytes
Version               : 80.07.26.00.34
~CRC32                : C2E10AC0
Image Hash            : EE9A9C155D1B149FBD1DDDE17AA2D7B2
OEM String            : NVIDIA
Vendor Name           : NVIDIA Corporation
Product Name          : GK107 Board - 20110000
Product Revision      : Chip Rev
Device Name(s)        : GeForce GT 640
Board ID              : E00C
PCI ID                : 10DE-0FC1
Subsystem ID          : 1458-353E
Hierarchy ID          : Normal Board
Chip SKU              : 300-0
Project               : 2011-0000
CDP                   : N/A
Build Date            : 03/14/12
Modification Date     : 04/11/12
UEFI Support          : Placeholder
UEFI Version          : N/A (Placeholder)
UEFI Variant Id       : N/A (Placeholder) ( Unknown )
UEFI Signer(s)        : Unsigned
InfoROM Version       : N/A
InfoROM Backup Exist  : NO
License Placeholder   : Absent
GPU Mode              : N/A
Sign-On Message       : GV-N640OC-2GI/F10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back