Contribute
Register

nVidia GT 710 in Skylake System no QE/CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have found a solution to your problem coz I have the same issues ....anyway you have to go back to making usb stick creating a bootable usb with unibeast ....at the last part where you have to choose the OPTIONAL Graphics Configuration....leave in uncheck .....
So after you finish that you hook it to you pc ... Remember to
install you video card to the socket...ALAS you're booted .... congratulation!

remember I tried to instal the nvidia web driver but a can't switch to nvidia driver after reboot it goes back to OSx default driver
:confused:

Hi i have this 710gt card too with 2gb. I solved the Black screen problems with the Agdp Fix by Pike, with this boot fine, then i needed to add to my config. Plist the inject nvidia Flag to show the correct NvRam.:headbang:

That is because the boot arg nvda_drv=1 isn't saved in your NVRAM. It is purely cosmetic.

Hi slim.jim. Meanwhile I would find it usefull to be able to store data in NVRAM. One possible solution would be FileNVRAM.kext or what would you think?

Hi slim.jim. Meanwhile I would find it usefull to be able to store data in NVRAM. One possible solution would be FileNVRAM.kext or what would you think?

That kext is only for Chameleon/Chimera I believe. For clover, if your motherboard has UEFI you need to enable osxaptiofix in clover drivers. If you doesn’t have uefi, it can be emulated but you have to reinstall clover and choose option : install rc scripts on local disk.

... For clover, if your motherboard has UEFI you need to enable osxaptiofix in clover drivers...
The board (Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H) has UEFI and boots via UEFI. To enable osxaptiofix I now have enabled the option "slide=0". No change (no VRAM active).
Did I do the wrong thing?

I would try some additional boot flags like npci=0x3000 and/or PCIRootUID=1. Also try disabling the IGP in your bios if you haven't already. I would also stick with iMac14,2 instead of MacPro6,1.

Hello,

I am having the same problem with the same nVidia .
I think I have tried all different combinations. I have a Asus H170 and a Samsung 4K
Help me please

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 261
Hello,

I am having the same problem with the same nVidia .
I think I have tried all different combinations. I have a Asus H170 and a Samsung 4K
Help me please

Need a couple of things...
  • First, complete your profile with the rest of the specs of your build.
  • What port and type of cable are you using to connect your monitor?
  • What are the exact symptoms of your issue?

I would also stick with iMac14,2 instead of MacPro6,1.

This got things working on my GA-H61-USB3 w/ Sandy Bridge i3-2105 running macOS 10.12.1

HD 3000 graphics were extremely glitchy and would occasionally crash, much more stable with a discrete 1GB GPU.

FWIW,

for me this video works OOB.

Fresh install, Multibeast (UEFI, no inject), Sierra 10.12.2
G3900 (Skylake, but with fake id from ivy bridge), Gigabyte H110M-S2H, 16GB DDR4 Patriot
Gigabyte GT 710 (with active cooling) 1GB
BIOS tweaked mostly according guides, nothing fancy, also integrated graphic disabled.

boot args: dart=0 -v

Note: I was using this args for install and on first boot, everything was working just fine.
No changes to default config.plist (except fake cpu id thing).
To reiterate: no nvda_drv, no nv_disabled - ever
About says: "NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1023 MB"

Chess.app works, webgl lookgin' goood (http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/)

(Bought it today, so time will say)

UPDATE:
BTW there is a problem
not sure if it is a gpu related
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-gt-710-1gb-preview-and-safari-crash-on-pdf.211504/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back