CPU
i5-2500
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone, I managed to finish installing and booting my Mojave clean installation without hassle, the first issue I encountered however was with choppy graphics, videos on YouTube work fine and are crystal clear at 1080p without any issue, the screen resolution is scaled correctly but I had to to use the mouse cursor enlarger under accessibility settings in order to see the pointer otherwise it doesn't show, the only way to not do that was to boot with nv_disable=1.

I'm just wondering if installing Cuda can add acceleration and fix this choppiness? I would have tried this myself but I reverted back to my El Capitan CCC backup and won't bother with Mojave unless my Graphics Card is fully operational.

main-qimg-ebd1266de616ade698b6ab78afea420e.jpeg

I'm just wondering if installing Cuda can add acceleration and fix this choppiness? I would have tried this myself but I reverted back to my El Capitan CCC backup and won't bother with Mojave unless my Graphics Card is fully operational.
Mojave requires Metal API compatible GPUs, so anything below/later than Intel HD4000/ Nvidia Kepler/ AMD 7xxx Series will not work OOB.

Thank you for replying BreBo. The thing which is confusing me is that someone posted on a different also famous Hackintosh Forums a screenshot of a successful installation with the same card model as mine and said it's supported OOB on Mojave, i'm still not sure if my card is Kepler or Fermie? Im not familiar with these two terms and have no way of knowing if my card is either of these two. I read the Kepler ones should work but Fermie won't, i don't know how strong of an evidence is being able to choose screen resolution to realize that my card is supported. I could do all common tasks, watching video and so on, just the stuttering thing and graphics overlapping each other like Safari tabs order would be messed up and on top of each other, i guess some Apps use OpenGL and others use Metal 2? Again i'm very illiterate with Graphics cards and not familiar with the terms im using.

NVM my card doesn't support Metal, so I'm in the market to buy a new budget Graphics Card that is compatible with Mojave.

NVM my card doesn't support Metal, so I'm in the market to buy a new budget Graphics Card that is compatible with Mojave.

AMD RX 560 except the XFX model it has a non compatible bios.
$120-$160 US.

AMD RX 470-580 all models work.
$180-$300 US. Roughly 2X the performance of the 560. These are probably the best value per dollar cards for macOS Mojave.

I installed High Sierra and did a system report check i noticed my GT 610 says that Metal is supported, does that mean nVidia web drivers (When released) will fix the stuttering? And is supporting Metal different than Metal 2? Thanks in advance.

I installed High Sierra and did a system report check i noticed my GT 610 says that Metal is supported, does that mean nVidia web drivers (When released) will fix the stuttering? And is supporting Metal different than Metal 2? Thanks in advance.
Q1: NVidia Web Drivers for High Sierra are already out. If you have "stuttering," you should post an assistance request with the proper reporting files in the proper forum (which this one isn't).

Q2: Yes.

Q1: NVidia Web Drivers for High Sierra are already out. If you have "stuttering," you should post an assistance request with the proper reporting files in the proper forum (which this one isn't).

Q2: Yes.

Sorry my fault not being clear in the first post.

I meant nVidia Web Drivers for Mojave, the stuttering occurs only on Mojave, I'm only wondering if my card can work under Mojave + WebDrivers if the product specifications say Metal Is Supported, does it usually say Metal is supported for everyone else or Metal 2 is supported?

I think this is what it should say:

Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 17.24.01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back