Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8P67 Pro
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
Hello guys, so I got a 90% working system. I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro mb + i7 2600k + Galaxy Geforce GT 430 graphics card. Only thing that is not working is my graphics card as I cant install the newest Quadro nvidia drivers. Everytime I start up the installer, it says my computer is not supported. Anyone able to get around this? Thanks!

sp0t619 said:
Hello guys, so I got a 90% working system. I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro mb + i7 2600k + Galaxy Geforce GT 430 graphics card. Only thing that is not working is my graphics card as I cant install the newest Quadro nvidia drivers. Everytime I start up the installer, it says my computer is not supported. Anyone able to get around this? Thanks!

Are you running 10.6.7, or 10.6.8?

With either version, try installing NVEnabler via MultiBeast, and use System Utilities.

It may, or may NOT show proper info in the "More Info" page. Just depends on what version you are running.

~~Grave

Sorry for my lack of info, but im on 10.6.8. I did some experimenting and was able to get it to work! All I did was manually install the nvidia drivers by right clicking, show package contents, and installing all 5 of the packages in it.. I then set my GraphicsEnabler to yes and now Im working in full resolution :) but can anyone confirm that installing the drivers the way I did is Okay? I dont want to be missing anything that the actual installer would have installed.

sp0t619 said:
Sorry for my lack of info, but im on 10.6.8. I did some experimenting and was able to get it to work! All I did was manually install the nvidia drivers by right clicking, show package contents, and installing all 5 of the packages in it.. I then set my GraphicsEnabler to yes and now Im working in full resolution :) but can anyone confirm that installing the drivers the way I did is Okay? I dont want to be missing anything that the actual installer would have installed.

Yes. By the way, NVEnabler should not be used with Fermi cards. Everything needed is included with the Quadro package.

toleda said:
sp0t619 said:

Yes. By the way, NVEnabler should not be used with Fermi cards. Everything needed is included with the Quadro package.

Odd, mine dosent list properly in the sys profiler. And without NVEnabler, i cant boot into my desktop. Ill do some digging on my installed kexts when i get home, see what i find. (At work ATM).

~~Grave

Hey Guys-

Having an issue with this card on my Hackintosh that I am helping a friend put together. I installed the update to 10.6.8 and installed the nvidia quadro drivers. The graphics enabler is set to yes, but for some reason I can't change the screen resolution. It is fixed at 1024 x 768 and no matter what I try, I can't get it to display any other screen resolution options.

The monitor in use shows several options when hooked up to a G5 that he has...

I tried the CUDA installation but that didn't help either.

At a loss... tried both VGA and DVI outputs....

Help!

ohmeohmyoh said:
Hey Guys-

Having an issue with this card on my Hackintosh that I am helping a friend put together. I installed the update to 10.6.8 and installed the nvidia quadro drivers. The graphics enabler is set to yes, but for some reason I can't change the screen resolution. It is fixed at 1024 x 768 and no matter what I try, I can't get it to display any other screen resolution options.

Help!

Delete NVEnabler, repair permissions with MultiBeast, Reboot.
Install the official Quadro 4000 drivers for Mac via nVidia's website.
If that does not work, try extracting and running the packages individually, as a previous poster did. Should work either way WITHOUT[/] NVEnabler.

~~Grave

Gravewyrm said:
ohmeohmyoh said:
Hey Guys-

Help!

Delete NVEnabler, repair permissions with MultiBeast, Reboot.
Install the official Quadro 4000 drivers for Mac via nVidia's website.
If that does not work, try extracting and running the packages individually, as a previous poster did. Should work either way WITHOUT NVEnabler.

~~Grave

What are the disadvantages of NVEnabler? NVEnabler was the only way I could get my graphics card to work properly with Mac OS X (recognize both of my monitors, get full resolution, etc.)

I haven't tried running the packages in the Quadro 4000 driver individually. If NVEnabler is really that bad, I might consider trying that instead.

TheSmartGuy said:
What are the disadvantages of NVEnabler? NVEnabler was the only way I could get my graphics card to work properly with Mac OS X (recognize both of my monitors, get full resolution, etc.)

I haven't tried running the packages in the Quadro 4000 driver individually. If NVEnabler is really that bad, I might consider trying that instead.

The ingredients are Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the Nvidia graphics Update. NVEnabler hasn't been updated for Fermi.

toleda said:
TheSmartGuy said:

The ingredients are Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the Nvidia graphics Update. NVEnabler hasn't been updated for Fermi.

That's strange. When I tried installing the official Nvidia drivers, they didn't work (OSX didn't recognize my graphics card). The CUDA drivers didn't do anything either. OSX only started working with my card after I tried installing NVEnabler and booting into 32-bit mode. In fact, when I tried removing NVEnabler, my card stopped working again. Very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back