Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.2 build number 17C2120 Out Yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Today I installed macOS 10.13.2 with build number 17C2120 and Nvidia Driver cannot installed.
"Mac OS X version is not compatible".

Is there a workaround?

Today I installed macOS 10.13.2 with build number 17C2120 and Nvidia Driver cannot installed.

Is there a workaround?
Presumably that build is for the iMac pros?

Is there a workaround?
Same issue here. Has anybody found a workaround or a driver that supports this?

Same issue here. Has anybody found a workaround or a driver that supports this?
If we assume that build is for the iMac Pro then we might also assume that no drivers are going to be released for it. Though with external GPUs in beta i suppose they might. If you don't want to wait and see, you can use the script from here to install the web drivers.
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -cu https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg
then
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m

EDIT: The issues described below were caused by an unrelated issue. Installing the web driver as described above seemed to have work. Is there a way to get the preference pane entry with this method?

If we assume that build is for the iMac Pro then we might also assume that no drivers are going to be released for it. Though with external GPUs in beta i suppose they might. If you don't want to wait and see, you can use the script from here to install the web drivers.
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -cu https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg
then
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m
After attempting to install with the webdriver.sh script and seeing no results, I tried to uninstall using the -r flag and am now unable to boot my system. It stays loading on the apple logo screen. Booting with safe mode and disabling the Nvidia web option don't seem to work. Not sure if I should make another thread to sort this issue... Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get the preference pane entry with this method?
Not with that script, but there are other methods that might do it, you'd have to search. Alternatively when you upgrade to 10.13.3 you can just run the Nvidia installer when it's out.

Hi, achimo2222! Could you tell me how can I get macOS 10.13.2 build number 17C2120 update? Or it only for real iMac Pro?

Hi, achimo2222! Could you tell me how can I get macOS 10.13.2 build number 17C2120 update? Or it only for real iMac Pro?
I'm not sure how achimo got it, but in my case since I was having trouble downloading the full High Sierra installer from the app store (I always got the 19mb download instead of the full installer), I searched online and found you could download the full installer in an alternate way. I installed that and got the 17C2120 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi shathenine,
like pedroslopez said - I did it in the same way at Dezember 20th.
I need a full installer, not the small one at the store, because the internet bandwidth at my home is snails slowly. So I downloaded the full installer in the described way at a friends home. Than I installed and got the 17C2120 version.
And so I think, the installer is not only a iMac Pro installer.

Is there a way to get a full 17C89 installer?

I'm not sure how achimo got it, but in my case since I was having trouble downloading the full High Sierra installer from the app store (I always got the 19mb download instead of the full installer), I searched online and found you could download the full installer in an alternate way as described here. I installed that and got the 17C2120 version.
Thank You, pedroslopez!I will try to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back