Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was running 10.13.3 with the NVIDIA drivers working but not with FCPX, they seemed fine with everything else but not when editing. The moment I would add a text layer on my timeline, as soon as the render was completed there was corruption in the video to the extent of coloured noise as an image in place of the original. Bizarre.Single layer of video plays fine. SO I thought it must be the drivers and did the update to 10.13.5 and the new drivers. Same thing... Anyone else having this issue? I installed DaVinci 15 free version and it works perfectly with no layer issues etc. It works so well that I am considering buying it...just pisses me off to have spent the money on FCPX only to not have it work.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Having not used my system for a while due to moving etc. I never solved the problem. So today I fired it up and did all of the High Sierra updates, then FCPX and Motion and Compressor. Previously FCPX would work but with horrible gfx issues. Now it won't even boot up. When I boot it from Terminal I get a " Hardware Blending" error. Any thoughts ? Da Vinci Resolve seems to run fine but I would like to run FCPX. Thanks and Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back