Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm migrating from ati 6870 to Titan. Kernel panicking at boot screen. I assume I need to patch DSDT or kexts with device IDs?
At present I do not have the (mac versions) of the device IDs. And, my DSDT is set up (perfectly I might add) for ati 6870 and 3 monitors.

Since, I can't boot into osx, should I re extract DSDT using UBUNTU? or do you know a way to inject the proper device IDs into an already well patched DSDT?

This is quite a puzzle for me because I'm not sure if it's DSDT, Kexts or both.

system is:
x58a ud3r v2 ff, EVGA Titan, dsdt, 10.8.4 (presently working with ATI 6870)

Thank you for your assistance

FYI, I have a Titan in one of my builds running 10.8.4 and it works perfectly. After Effects and Premiere (with the edit to the supported CUDA cards) work great. I never installed the NVIDIA drivers, only the CUDA drivers.

i'm migrating from a pefectly functioning ATI 6870/3monitor build....I'm missing something in the smbios or boot.plist.....not sure if nvida macs have a different serial number or not.
can you post your smbios and boot.plist please?

Check your GraphicsEnabler=No for NVidia it may be Yes right now for ATI.

npci=0x2000 or 0x3000
also PCIRootUID=0 or 1

You can try these at boot also -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
-x should get you into safe mode
a couple combinations though of the npci and pcirootuid variables though

Hello all. I do large onscreen graphics for corporate events and need as much video/processing horsepower as i can get.

I have 2 Hackintosh towers,
1) Z77x-UP5th, 4 core i7-3770k, 32 gb ram, nvidia 680, ML 10.8.4
2) X79-UD5, 6 core i7-3960x, 64gb ram, nvidia 680, ML 10.8.4.

I am trying to upgrade the video cards to the nvidia titan.

Hack1, dropped in titan, works great, Hack2, not so much.
on boot, it gets to the bios screen and locks up tight. i cannot get into the bios, period. sooner or later, it times out, i force quit and can't get past that point...can't get to bios, can't get to boot flags. I have installed the most current nvidia web drivers, CUDA

my current boot.plist is at the end of this post, it is the stable boot plist for the 680, i have added "nvda_drv=1" to try and get the titan to run

for the record, the X79 machine is awesome but has always been much more difficult to configure than the Z77x

it seems like either a bios problem, or just a plain incompatibility issue, does anyone have any suggestions?

tia
Ruzzell

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

found the problem. my X79-UD5 came with a v9 BIOS. updated to the beta 13P BIOS and its all good now. For the record, the "approved" v12 bios did not work

So just to be clear, does TITAN have full support out of the box with 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back