Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GTX 660, GTX 650 Ti and GTS 650 launch dates leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to install a GTX 660 on my i7-2600K which is successful with a GTX 285 using the boot line of PCIRootUID=1. I have tried that and no success I have tried GraphicsEnabler=No and also Yes. I have tried cseistrup's npci=0x3000 darkwake=0, and at least then I got the little circle 1 second timer to appear on the white Apple screen. Any other ideas for me to try? I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Article: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GTX 660, GTX 650 Ti and GTS 650 launch dates leak

The only way you can both cards to run at the same time is use GraphicsEnabler=No and EFIstrings to enable both cards.

Article: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GTX 660, GTX 650 Ti and GTS 650 launch dates leak

Thank you MacMan, would u please explain a little bit more about the EFI string for dual card?

Hi I just bought a 660 ti and it isn't working natively. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I am running 10.7.5 and would prefer to stay using lion.

@freshlesh3 I think the 660 ti only works in mountain lion.

I have an NVidia EVGA GTX 660. I have full support QE/CI
I wish I could find out what did it - because I had some trouble

things done
updated to latest Nvidia Drivers from Nvidia site after updating to 10.8.2
used multibeast Open CL patch - version that supports 6xx cards
in smbios used imac 12.2. used an app called chamlist.
rebuild cache

not sure if these worked, but needed to remove them after to be able to get into the desktop.

Natit
Nvinject 2.2

plain 660 GTX does works also (QE/CI). 10.8.2 + latest Nvidia drivers from nvidia.
make sure to rebuld cache.

removing Natit and NVinject fixed issues. I previously got a white screen, then stuck
on the apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back