Contribute
Register

NVidia GeForce GTX 460 v2 and Lion - If anyone could help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

so I used Unibeast on my PC and successfully installed Lion. Also, I upgraded to 10.7.2 w/o problems. After applying Multibeast Lion Edition 4.0.3, I could enable Audio and Network was working fine in the 1st place.

BUT

My NVidia GeForce 460 does not work properly, I only get a 1024x768 resolution. I tried chimera, the patches from netkas and the NVidia Patch which was in Multibeast. Nothing...

See Screenshot attached...
GeForceGTX460v2.png
Can anyone maybe help me?

Thanks,
Christian

Attachments

• GeForceGTX460v2.png
    GeForceGTX460v2.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 868
i have the same problem, can anyone help us?

Thanks

cms8000 said:
My NVidia GeForce 460 does not work properly, I only get a 1024x768 resolution. I tried chimera, the patches from netkas and the NVidia Patch which was in Multibeast. Nothing...
You have to add the GTX 460 device_id to NVDAGF100HAL.kext.

toleda said:
cms8000 said:

How exactly can I do that?
Can you write down the steps involved.

Thanks
Poras

toleda said:
cms8000 said:
So the device ID seems to be 1205.
What did I do:
1. looked for the System/Library/Extensions Folder
2. Found the NVDAGF100HAL.kext
3. Opened contents and edited the Info.plist
4. I added the blue marked row (see screenshot)

That did, however, change nothing. What did I miss?

Attachments

• edit.png
    edit.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 790
cms8000 said:
jayme said:
u gotta isntall user dst or easey dsdt
Isn't that included in Multibeast? I did check that option, but it didn't help. Now I may misunderstand you or be way off track (newbie here).

May I ask you to be a bit more specific please?

Thanks a lot,
Christian

jayme is correct. You could add your device ID like another user suggested but its better that you have a properly edited DSDT file so you can enable sleep and other functions on your Hackintosh. The Tonymac site has a DSDT database, choose your motherboard manufacture and then the model of motherboard to download the DSDT. Save the file to your desktop. Rename it DSDT.aml if not already. Run MultiBeast again this time choose User DSDT option instead of Easy Beast. Done. Your GXT 460 should now work with full resolution.

jjcisn82 said:
cms8000 said:
jayme said:
u gotta isntall user dst or easey dsdt
Isn't that included in Multibeast? I did check that option, but it didn't help. Now I may misunderstand you or be way off track (newbie here).

May I ask you to be a bit more specific please?

Thanks a lot,
Christian

jayme is correct. You could add your device ID like another user suggested but its better that you have a properly edited DSDT file so you can enable sleep and other functions on your Hackintosh. The Tonymac site has a DSDT database, choose your motherboard manufacture and then the model of motherboard to download the DSDT. Save the file to your desktop. Rename it DSDT.aml if not already. Run MultiBeast again this time choose User DSDT option instead of Easy Beast. Done. Your GXT 460 should now work with full resolution.

WELL, I do have an Intel DP67BG which seems to be not in the database. Any Ideas?

Edited:
What I did is: I googled one and did what you said, renamed the dsdt.aml and put it on my desktop. Then reran UserDSDT from Multibeast.
Result: Again, no changes...

Thanks for your help...
Christian

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 101
I am also having the same issues on several systems I have built. I have had issues with GTX 460 in two separate GA-EX58-UD3R boards (1.0 and a 1.6) Here is what I can tell so far:

Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R (1.6 rev) 16GB Ram
Geforce GTX 460 Zotac 768mb
Works flawless in Snow Leopard, sleep , no gtx freezes, etc.
but Lion is another story:
Tried clone of drive and update to Lion - fails at boot, so I tried a clean install:
1. Using unibeast usb to boot, clean install Lion
2. Boot unibeast to new install (have to use at cli GraphicsEnabler=no to boot or it crashes) Formated drive, Guid, 1 partition
3. Install Multibeast with DSDT from tonymacx86. Options i use are USERDSDT (aml on desktop), System utilities, Audio - Alc8xxHDA and Rollback, Disk - 3rd party SATA, Misc - FakeSMC, Network - Lnx2Mac, Bootloader - Chimera, Customization - tonymac classic
4. Install cuda driver from Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud ... river.html
5. Reboots - crashes at boot
6. Updated NVADGF100Hal.kext with GTX 460 id to 0x0e22 , ran tonymac system utilities, reboot but still hangs.

If I take out the Nvidia and put in a ATi 6870 the system works. If I use GraphicsEnabler=no at boot it works with GTX 460 too. Same system boots perfectly fine with Snow Leopard and the GTX 460.

I have the same graphics card (Zotac).
I was having the same problem and here's what I did to get the system up and running:

Downloaded these drivers and installed them:
tonymacx86-NVIDIA-Update-2.1.0.zip

After installing them and rebooting system recognized the graphics card but the resolution didn't change (Still stuck at 1024).

Then I opened the .dmg file of the following drivers and right click on it to show the contents of the package. I installed the file "Display Drivers" from one of the folders. Restarted the system. And I now I have the system running perfectly.
Here is the file:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html

Lion cannot let the user install quadro drivers as a full package, it says that the drivers are already upto date.

hope it helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back