Contribute
Register

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 - Every second boot ends in BlueScreen or WhiteScreen Glitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

inactive-user

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 - Every second boot ends in (Blue Screen) or (White Screen) with glitches! - Lion 10.7.4 was working wonderful.

On ML 10.8 i have this issue!

1. - Sometimes it needs two reboots (because of Blue Screen) consecutively, till i can get to the OSX Desktop.
2. - Once i'm on OSX Desktop: by Turning the Monitor Off and On again, The Signal is lost! (Blue Screen). need to reboot manually.

Anything else is working fine and stable.

any help is welcome!

Thanks you!

My System Specs:
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.0
CPU: - Intel i7 960 (3.2 GHz Quad-Core)
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev.2
RAM: - 6GB Corsair
Video: - nVidia GeForce GTS 450 (1GB)
Audio: - External - M-Audio FireWire 410

do you install something to enable your GTS 450 ?

What boot flags are you using?

There are a lot of weird issues with pre-Kepler NVidia cards right now, so not sure there is too much that can be done other than dealing with it until someone smarter than us tracks down the issue. My 450 runs okay until I need to change the resolution or waking from sleep (Even waking a monitor from sleep, not the whole system) I've tried most of the stuff on the forums.

only to be clear, on Lion 10.7.4 everything was working fine, Monitor, SleepEnabler etc... i always have the same Bios Settings,

And, No, i have not installed any nVidia Drivers as on ML the newest drivers are included.
My Hackintosh recognized the GeForce GTS 450 1024 MB by itself. but with the issue (Blue screen) etc..

I'm trying now since 4 days with different chimera versions, bootflags, bios settings, but no luck.
The thing is that even with default Bios Settings i get a Blue Screen or a Whit Screen on every second boot, well, sometims third boot.

this is what i have in my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And this is my smbios.plist

<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>------------</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>------------</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>

i have deleted those two strings because of privacy, nothing else.

The NVidia problems are ML specific. My 450 worked great in Lion, not so much in ML. All your flags look fine, so I would guess until someone tracks down a fix for all these issues, we are out of luck.

I read on a post that "AppleGraphicsPowerManagement" is the issue, but don't know.

Also i would know why the nVidia Drivers are included in ML if they don't work, should the drivers not be improved & work better after many years of investigation?

Anyway, anything else is working stable, no freeze once i'm in ML. The System runs very stable, HW Monitor, gives me a nice overview of my working CPU's, Fan's, Voltage. etc...

I've patched my AGPM kext to include my 450, and I still have similar issues. There are a few threads on this forum regarding the problems, but none have a solution. I've been following the 550ti thread, since it has become a bit of a mix of NVidia cards suffering the same problems. Instructions on patching your AGPM are located in that thread as well.

I've patched my AGPM kext to include my 450, and I still have similar issues. There are a few threads on this forum regarding the problems, but none have a solution. I've been following the 550ti thread, since it has become a bit of a mix of NVidia cards suffering the same problems. Instructions on patching your AGPM are located in that thread as well.

thanks, beansandrice

yes, i also have try to patch agpm but if i open console & type "agpm" there is still no entry? i replaced vendor's id and device Id number with that one from my Graphics Card, but no go. Maybe i have done something wrong, don't know.

Looks like we have to wait for a fix. a case for Tonymac86 Team?

thanks

by the way, if i run repair permissions in Disk Utility i got a incorrect entry, something about the "GPURestartReporter" see the attached file.

Maybe this has also to do with te nVidia issue, who knows?

cheers

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-05 um 11.33.54.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-05 um 11.33.54.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 803
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back