Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2 GB slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody can help you if you are just ranting.
You have to post something meaningful.

should i just go ahead and do it all by myself? since there are these known audio and graphics card problems linked to my mobo (i mean the store guy couldn't do it and he is an expert compared to me), i am afraid of wasting days and days being unable to do it.

should i just go ahead and do it all by myself?
You should make up your own mind.
If you want to do it then go ahead, if not then walk away - It's not for everyone.

There is a lot to gain in your own understanding if you do go ahead, then you might have more confidence - especially if you do get it running better than your local pc shop.

The best start, would be to create your own installation media by following the installation guide.

Some handy pointers. Use a 1920 x 1080P display, Use HDMI or DVI digital connections from the GT710 card to your monitor. Disconnect all printers and other accessories from the computer and any windows drives should also be disconnected for the duration of the installation. Create UniBeast USB with a USB 2 stick and use a USB 2 port on the rear IO for installation.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

Good luck. :thumbup:

thanks. i don't have that graphic card anymore, i gave it back to the store since my hackintosh wasn't working. the components in my profile and signature are accurate.
i will try, although i don't have a mac at the moment.

thanks. i don't have that graphic card anymore, i gave it back to the store since my hackintosh wasn't working. the components in my profile and signature are accurate.
i will try, although i don't have a mac at the moment.
Start by checking your BIOS settings. You need to set it up to use integrated graphics (HD630) as that is all you have now without the 710 installed.

t i don't have that graphic card anymore, i gave it back to the store since my hackintosh wasn't working. the components in my profile and signature are accurate.
The title of your thread is somewhat misleading then.
Perhaps you should continue with your installation and then open a new thread in High Sierra Desktop Support when you need help.

Are you sure the system is seeing your USB drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back