Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus 1151 prime h270 pro
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
Intel hd 630
Hi, I gave my pc to a pc store to make me a hackintosh, he has bought the motherboard (asus h270 pro), an intel i5 and 24 gb of ram. After that, he told me that he couldn't get the system to work, and that he had to buy also a graphic card and an audio card, spending 60 additional euro. He bought the nVidia geforce gt 710 2 gb. The system works, but it doesn't feel smooth like a mac, doesn't fell smooth like a windows either to be honest.

If you want I can upload a video to be more clear, but the graphics are just laggy. Even moving a window around is not smooth. What can I do?

Maybe you should try to install macOS yourself and not rely on the PC store. They obviously don't know what they're doing.

There have been lots of reports of problems with lag with Nvidia cards and the latest macOS and the latest Nvidia drivers. Search these forums for solutions, most of which involve going back to an earlier version of the Nvidia drivers.

well i tried to ask for help here, but all my threads have been almost immediately deleted so i opted for a pc store...

Have you figured out why your posts are getting deleted? Have you read the forum rules, and are you abiding by them? Things like filling out your profile...so everyone knows what your hardware is.

Do not use the web drivers with that card. I have a GT 710 2GB in my hack at work and it works flawlessly. However, with the web drivers installed it is a choppy mess. Using the default drivers works fine since the card is natively supported.

Have you figured out why your posts are getting deleted? Have you read the forum rules, and are you abiding by them? Things like filling out your profile...so everyone knows what your hardware is.

yes i know that it was my mistake. the declared reason for my threads being deleted was that i had a processor or motherboard for which the solutions of this site don't work, but in those threads i was exactly asking what should i buy to make it work. jeez. i went to a store, they made me spend 460 € and i ended up with a crappy system. right now i am on windows for how crappy that system was. the pc store guy was disappointed because according to him the system was "perfect", i was and am disappointed because i wasted a lot of money without even getting what i wanted.

you are 100 % correct, it was my fault. but maybe a bit more tolerance with someone new and ignorant like me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back