3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just replaced an old GeForce 9400 512 MB with an Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 2048 MB.

The new card seems to be okay for everything else, but I've just found out that whenever I edit an image with Preview or Pixelmator, the saved image has been stripped of all its colour (images display ok, this only happens after editing or re-saving). The images are mostly whites and greys. This never happened with the 9400.

I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No (and IGPEnabler=No) in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file with the same results.

Any idea what could be wrong? I'm not using any extra kexts or settings or doing anything special.

Thanks.

Still no luck with this.

I tried booting into safe mode with -x and this problem doesn't exist resizing and saving images in Preview (couldn't run Pixelmator in safe mode).

So then I installed GIMP and there's no problem with saved/edited images using that.

Back to Preview and Pixelmator and the same problem appears.

Attached is an example of what's happening.

Attachments

• GeForce610.jpg
    GeForce610.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 106
Yep. Same thing happens on my GTX 550 Ti.

Any help please?

Still looking for a fix for this. Will update if or when I get the problem sorted out.

Seems this is an incompatibility I can't and don't know how to fix, so I've replaced the card with a GeForce 210, which is working perfectly OOB (GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

Has anyone discovered any solution to this?

I no longer have this card, but have you tried it with the Nvidia web drivers?

I stumbled across another thread a while back that recommended replacing Yosemite's OpenCL.Framework withe the version from 10.9.5. It worked at first, I could save images in Preview without distorting the colors, but upgrading from 10.10.2 to 10.10.3 made this fix unusable. Before switching back to Yosemite's OpenCL.Framework, most of my menu bar icons weren't visible, all of the icons in the Finder sidebar were missing, etc.. Still hoping for a real fix

Edit: Using Zotac GeForce GT 610
OSX 10.10.3
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3
2.7 GHz Intel i5

Last edited:
Has anyone discovered any solution to this?

I have a GT 610 in my second hackintosh, I'll take a look and see if it exhibits this problems and see if I can find a fix.

Update: so for me, making any changes in Preview results in a completely blank saved image. I am not using the web drivers right now, so let me install them and give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back