Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers... Not looking so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI - B250 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
CPU
Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Graphics
MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card
I was trying for quite a while to get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work so I could have OpenCL for Final Cut (I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti), and I continued to check the log and finally, the 6th problem solution was added and now they work. I was very excited that the pain was over, however upon logging in (everything looks normal before that) the colors, resolution, and display stuff go wack-it almost looks like everything's corrupted. I tried rebooting, same problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling the Nvidia Web Drivers and rebooting, still looks the same. I thought maybe doing the software update to 10.13.3 and getting the newer drivers for that would help but every time I download and reboot the update, it doesn't do anything... It still has the update available and still says I'm on 10.13.2, so that didn't work... I did also update the Nvidia Web Drivers recently to .102 from whatever it was before, I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I also have CUDA, but I didn't think that made a difference. Does anybody know how to fix this? (I took a screenshot, but I don't know if it just looks normal on you guys' and bad on mine-tell me if I need to take a picture from a different device) It is very difficult to read and see with this.

EDIT: I switched out the screenshot for a picture of the display-should be accurate now. Got the new update (10.13.13) and the newer drivers for it and it’s still happening...

ANOTHER EDIT: I managed to revert back to the latest reliable drivers and it's still happening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I was trying for quite a while to get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work so I could have OpenCL for Final Cut (I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti), and I continued to check the log and finally, the 6th problem solution was added and now they work. I was very excited that the pain was over, however upon logging in (everything looks normal before that) the colors, resolution, and display stuff go wack-it almost looks like everything's corrupted. I tried rebooting, same problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling the Nvidia Web Drivers and rebooting, still looks the same. I thought maybe doing the software update to 10.13.3 and getting the newer drivers for that would help but every time I download and reboot the update, it doesn't do anything... It still has the update available and still says I'm on 10.13.2, so that didn't work... I did also update the Nvidia Web Drivers recently to .102 from whatever it was before, I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I also have CUDA, but I didn't think that made a difference. Does anybody know how to fix this? (I took a screenshot, but I don't know if it just looks normal on you guys' and bad on mine-tell me if I need to take a picture from a different device) It is very difficult to read and see with this.

In regards to the OS update, when the computer first restarts to do the update, you should see a volume called some thing like boot macOS install from macOS (or whatever your main partition is called). You will need to select that at the clover boot menu. Then it should start the update process.

In regards to the OS update, when the computer first restarts to do the update, you should see a volume called some thing like boot macOS install from macOS (or whatever your main partition is called). You will need to select that at the clover boot menu. Then it should start the update process.
I was kinda wondering why that was there making me go out of my way to go to Boot from SSD which WAS the default until then... Thank you, I will try this. I just realized that the picture looks the same, now that I’m reading it on a phone (got to the point where I couldn’t see)

Do you have anything on the other problem now that it’s updated?

If nobody will respond to this thread, I’ll have to make another to get yalls attention

Didn't work, and it doesn't seem to be picking me up when I try the VGA... I would be very excited if somebody found a fix to this...
VGA is unsupported - Apple do not use it.

If nobody will respond to this thread, I’ll have to make another to get yalls attention
Duplicate threads will be deleted as per rules.

VGA is unsupported - Apple do not use it.

Duplicate threads will be deleted as per rules.
Ok... I guess I just need to hope more people look at this. Thanks for letting me know about VGA and I don’t think they support dual HDMI either. Will try to use an adapter to one of the other ports when I get the current problem fixed... have any ideas on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back