RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For all who are waiting for nvidia to release their web driver, i had a chat today with nvidia support. Driver would be in beta, release date unknown...
nvidia_support_mojave.png

The drone on the phone is telling you that he thinks that there is no driver because Mojave is in beta.

Maybe we will get the drivers until New Year, i hope. I need Mojave now for working.

Maybe we will get the drivers until New Year, i hope. I need Mojave now for working.
It makes sense to stay with High Sierra or buy a real Mac. Not much difference.

It makes sense to stay with High Sierra or buy a real Mac. Not much difference.
But i don't want to pay 1200$ for minimal 21.5 Mac. And my LG 27UK650 doesn't have USB-C port so.
I should wait for WebDrivers i think.

I finally gave up on Nvidia, got a RX560 and it's working on sierra/high sierra and Mojave out of the box. Since Mojave is now doing it's "metal" stuff, it could be a long wait for Nvidia to release drivers which are actually usable. I hope for all the nvidia users it will be soon that they will release drivers.

But i don't want to pay 1200$ for minimal 21.5 Mac. And my LG 27UK650 doesn't have USB-C port so.
I should wait for WebDrivers i think.

Have you thought about a used RX 460-480 card? $80-$175 for a card that will work in 4K with native support. A new RX 580 8gb is competitive with the 1060.

I have a dumb question:

Could you possibly use the High Sierra drivers for Mojave for Nvidia cards? Would that even work?

I have a dumb question:

Could you possibly use the High Sierra drivers for Mojave for Nvidia cards? Would that even work?

They list the card correctly but there is no acceleration.

This sucks I can't edit in Sierra anymore cause my new camera 4K codec is showing blank videos. I can't upgrade to High Sierra cause it's not in the app store. Now, I can't do Mojave cause I need acceleration for FCPX to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back