Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all,

I just updated to 10.13.4 and the update went smooth. I used to use the .104 drivers with the script from vulgo because the other drivers were laggy for me. Now I read that the new drivers are (probably) not laggy anymore, so I decided to update through the Nvidia updater to the latest drivers and I applied the AGDPfix as usual for the black screen issue.

However, now the system won't boot with the nvidia card (it will only boot with nv_disable=1). Is is stuck in a loop on 'IOconsoleusers' (what does that indicate?).

What I've tried so far:
- Add lilu.kext and nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext - no difference
- Add EmuVariableEFI - no difference

I have disabled integrated graphics in my BIOS.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

However, now the system won't boot with the nvidia card (it will only boot with nv_disable=1). Is is stuck in a loop on 'IOconsoleusers' (what does that indicate?).
Could be the drivers aren't starting properly. Have you tried the commands on this page?
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.107

Such a life saver! Thanks, graphics is now super smooth!

I do find it odd though, what could have been the underlying issue? Is the NVidia installer not installing correctly or does your script include some specific fix (just curious)?

Thanks so much again!

Sometimes the kernel cache is incomplete (e.g. NVDAResmanWeb is not present despite wanting to be required for mounting root).

Sometimes the staged bundles are out of date and the web driver tries to use them.

It is possible problems with the package installer may go unreported, one reason webdriver.sh doesn't use it unless it has to (it's not repeatable, also it is slow and just working with archives anyway, not a secret package manager as some seem to believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back