Contribute
Register

Nvidia driver with random crashes (when using Chrome with Flash)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
INtel
CPU
Intel
Graphics
AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Random Crashes when using Chrome with Flash.

Hi there,

I installed the most recent nvidia driver (http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html) to use three monitors.

First it seemed to work fine (Photoshop, XCode, etc.). However, I had random crashes. I.e. when I use Google Music + many Tabs + load many flash sites in Chrome it crashes my whole system sometimes (for instance when I load this game in some tabs in parallel: http://jayisgames.com/games/hex-empire/ ).

Anyone else having this issue?

I had to reinstall default Mac OS drivers. Now everything is allright again but I can only use two monitors.

Hardware list please

Hi,

Motherboard: Msi P55-GD65 with DSDT
CPU: Core i5-750 4x2,67Ghz/256k 8MB-L3 QPI4.8 Socket 1156
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti OC

GraphicsEnabler=No

Solved it!!!

It was caused by the default chrome flash plugin (pepper flash 11.6.602.171) that is integrated in chrome. This may cause crashes.

Install regular adobe flash from adobe HP
open chrome
enter: about:plugins
press +Detail (in the upper right corner)
there must be two files for flash now
disable the chrome one (pepper) and let the NPAPI version (11.6.602.167) enabled

there you go.

Oh, and you have to disable MapsGL inf Google Maps (i.e. use Classic) when using the Nvidia driver. Since it can crash the system even without flash.

Thank you for the disabling of Pepper Flash. That worked beautifully. I was just freezing randomly. Hopefully thats the last of my bugs.

I was just freezing randomly. Hopefully thats the last of my bugs.

Well, that's definitely something else compared to spontanious combustion :p

This problem still exists in 10.9 Mavericks (and has nothing to do with the Nvidia drivers, since in Mavericks I haven't installed them).

I had random crashes with Chrome. It took me ages to remember my own thread :)

Problem solved again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back