Contribute
Register

Nvidia controls Nvidia drivers, not Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a hack.

Let's just make believe you are right... Let's make believe that Nvidia really has drivers ready and Apple is not approving them.

Nvidia is really screwing their users by not releasing unsigned drivers.

Nvidia has a valid Developer ID. Apple has not revoked their Developer ID. They sign their own drivers. Nvidia is still releasing drivers for High Sierra. They don't need Apple approval.

As a Developer you need Apple to verify your apps and approve.

As a Developer you need Apple to verify your apps and approve.

If you are Nvidia and Apple is not allowing you to release drivers for no valid reason, would you just sit there and say okay or would you sue the crap out of them?

C'mon, man! Use your head!!!

If you are Nvidia and Apple is not allowing you to release drivers for no valid reason, would you just sit there and say okay or would you sue the crap out of them?

C'mon, man! Use your head!!!

Dude really, Mac OS is not Windows. It's up to Apple what they are doing with their system. Starting with Mojave, only support AMD inside and outside, apps supports AMD.
Can I sue you because I can't get inside your house?

Dude really, Mac OS is not Windows. It's up to Apple what they are doing with their system. Starting with Mojave, only support AMD inside and outside, apps supports AMD.
Can I sue you because I can't get inside your house?

I know macOS is not Windows. macOS has a tool bar on top of the screen.

If Apple is deliberately preventing Nvidia from releasing drivers, that can easily be construed as anti-competitive and will draw the ire of the government.

Apple doesn't even make GPUs. It makes no sense for them take such risks.

Why would Apple "allow" Nvidia to continue to release High Sierra drivers but not Mojave? It makes no sense.

What can Apple gain from such shenanigans?

Other than one comment from an Nvidia forum mod, no one else has said anything about Apple not allowing Nvidia to do anything. Every "news" article has been based off of that same single comment. How much does that forum mod really know? Why hasn't he made further comments?

I know macOS is not Windows. macOS has a tool bar on top of the screen.

If Apple is deliberately preventing Nvidia from releasing drivers, that can easily be construed as anti-competitive and will draw the ire of the government.

Apple doesn't even make GPUs. It makes no sense for them take such risks.

Why would Apple "allow" Nvidia to continue to release High Sierra drivers but not Mojave? It makes no sense.

What can Apple gain from such shenanigans?

Other than one comment from an Nvidia forum mod, no one else has said anything about Apple not allowing Nvidia to do anything. Every "news" article has been based off of that same single comment. How much does that forum mod really know? Why hasn't he made further comments?

Do you know how to read? use your head, what you say doesn't make sense.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 5.12.57 AM.png

Do you know how to read? use your head, what you say doesn't make sense.

View attachment 409626

You obviously didn't read a word of what I said... All of that comes from one single statement from a damned forum mod! The jackoff who wrote that article copied what TomK@nvidia said word-for-word!!!

Here's the link to what that guy said:

No one mentions other comments made by Nvidia or Apple because the "news" articles you read are written by incompetent writers who don't do their homework or any fact checking.

dxibcZZ.pngapple-on-Mojave-Nvidia.png

Nvidia doesn't need Apple's approval to release drivers.
Doesnt? Apple not need approve the drivers, and give then a "secure" access to the installer, without locking through the gatekeeper?

Doesnt? Apple not need approve the drivers, and give then a "secure" access to the installer, without locking through the gatekeeper?

They already have a Developer ID. They sign their own drivers, not Apple. They are able to release High Sierra drivers, they can release Mojave driver... If they had any...

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 8.58.18 AM.png

Source: https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/

Last edited:
They already have a Developer ID. They sign their own drivers, not Apple. They are able to release High Sierra drivers, they can release Mojave driver... If they had any...

View attachment 409712
Source: https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/

I believe they had a partnership involving those MacBook Pro with Nvidia GPU, they had support until High Sierra. More importantly after Facebook problem, privacy is a big factor during this days, Nvidia has a telemetry system and Apple doesn’t like that. Apple also wants to stick their hands in Nvidia’s drivers.
Nvidia is more for gaming and expensive, can make Apple products costa extra $$$. I’m happy with my AMD GPU so far.
Also Vulkan support is coming to Mac Os, already working in Dota 2 with success. Amd and Vulkan works hand in hand, I don’t see a reason why Apple should waste time with Nvidia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back