Gigabyte GA-H61M-s
CPU
i3-3220
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've installed HS from scratch on my system. I had previously a working hackintosh, on which, I changed the GPU to GTX 1060, and added an additional SSD. My previous hackintosh had a build number that did not match with any of the available Nvidia webdrivers. Without updating the macOS, I force-installed the webdrivers which ruined the installation. Therefore, I started from scratch.

So now, my PC has:
  • Core i3-3220
  • Evo 860 500 GB
  • ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5X
I made a 40 GB partition on the SSD to install macOS on. After the installation, I ran MultiBeast. Then, I updated Clover Bootloader to v2.5k_r5096, which is probably the latest, as of now.

(Problem #1)
One problem that I have been facing since the beginning is that the Clover bootloader installed on the SSD can't see any partitions. It's blank because of which, I can't boot into macOS with it. Therefore, I have still been using the Clover Bootloader present on the USB that I had made for installation, and it sees all the partitions. I first copied the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/apfs.efi from the USB to the SSD, but it didn't make any change. Then, I copied the whole EFI folder from the USB, and pasted it into the EFI partition of the SSD, making it merge with the existing one. But, I still can't see any partitions when I boot into Clover installed on the SSD. When booted into the Clover installed on the installation USB, I can see all the partitions.

(Problem #2)
Now, coming back to the webdriver problem, after updating the Clover Bootloader (installed on the SSD), I installed the macOS security update, which updated it to the latest build of HS, 17G8037. I enabled SIP, added Lilu and WhateverGreen, and continued with the installation of the latest WebDriver 387.10.10.10.40.131. After reboot, though the webdriver was installed and I could see its icon in menu bar, I'm still stuck at 1280x1080, "NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB", and super glitchy UI animations. I've tried many different solutions but have been unable to fix the problem. BIOS settings seem to be fine, too.

I've attached my EFI folder both from the SSD and the installation USB. (I also have an EFI backup from the SSD before I merged the USB's EFI into it, which I could upload, if required.)
Could it be because I'm using the USB's bootloader, the changes I'm making to the SSD's EFI folder (such as adding Lilu and WhateverGreen) are being useless? If so, how do I make the SSD's Clover Bootloader show the partitions, so that I can start using it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI (USB).zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 119
  • EFI (SSD).zip
    22 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I have been able to fix the issues to some extent. A user on another forum informed me about the following change in Clover.
The Clover developers changed the Clover Installer, installation, and directory hierarchy in Rev. 4985, so that path you are using right there no longer exists. The drivers64UEFI directory no longer exists or is used. It's now simply /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers (followed by /BIOS or /UEFI, depending on what you use). When they made these changes, it also required reinstalling a number of the Clover drivers.
So, inside the SSD's EFI folder, I moved the entire contents of the drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI directory. And the Problem #1 is fixed. I'm now using the SSD's bootloader.

Problem #2 is semi-fixed. Earlier, the screen resolution wasn't being switched, during the boot screen. Now, when the progress bar on the Apple boot screen goes past half, the screen goes blank. After about 10 seconds, I see the login screen, which definitely is now being displayed at 1080p (my monitor's native resolution). But after 3 seconds, I'm seeing the macOS shutdown screen. Again after 3 seconds, I see the login screen and then again shutdown animation. This goes on and on. And I can't do anything. I can't see the cursor, or type my password. Here's a small clip that I recorded of the same:
In clover, I have just "Use Nvidia WEB drivers" selected under the options for the macOS partition. There's the same setting, separately, under "Graphics Injector" in Clover's options, which is also selected. And under Boot Args, there's "dart=0".
Though, I am still able to boot using the installation USB, or if I disable Nvidia Web Driver in SSD's clover options. But, I can't get the driver to work.
When installing the webdriver, I had edited the config.plist to enable SIP, in the SSD's EFI. But at that time, I had been using the USB's clover bootloader, so I think enabling SIP in that SSD's config.plist was useless and SIP had been disabled all the time, due to which, the webdriver might have not been installed correctly. Could that be the case? Does anyone have any idea on what I should do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back