Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have looked around long and hard trying to figure what is the solution to completely enabling your video card, but have not found a solid answer yet. I have a Zotac 460 Gtx Fermi.

Before you send me to instructions, yes, I have downloaded the CUDA, I have downloaded the nvidia drivers, I pretty much have run out of things to download and run. Also, the audio from this video card doesn't work right now. Please help.Thanks in advance

Dude, I am in the SAME boat. I have tried using Multibeast and other avenues and can't get it to work. I did find the CODE for the card for a DSDT.aml file. But I dont know where to put it!! :eek:

I am thinking about saying just forget and upgrade to lion OS X, I have heard they have support for Nvidia 5xx drivers, and people with 460 have been getting good results

TheChes44 said:
I am thinking about saying just forget and upgrade to lion OS X, I have heard they have support for Nvidia 5xx drivers, and people with 460 have been getting good results
..mate, tried everything to get my zotacs gtx460 working under Lion (in Snow cards are recognized properly, low res, no acc)... no joy, low resolution without acceleration .... and have to say, all who said 'yeah, managed to get gtx460 working' are full of sh*t, asked them how they did it but no answer thats mean all what they said was bullish*t only, thats it ... just we've to wait for new(fixed) drivers for our cards....

peace
stuff

true, but I somehow dot mine working, I haven't played any games on it, so I will see about the acceleration but my resolution is the same as when I had it on my Snow Leopard. Try this, I am trying to help this guy as well here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28808 with the problem. I found a solution as my 460gtx fermi is recognized correctly. Try to follow all of the instructions. If you do them in all before you reboot, (and put back the network.plist (that really didnt change anything)) it shoudl work alright. Mine does and I am runnning a Zotac 460 GTX fermi. Hope this helps dude.

i got my gtx 460 working really easy. graphicsenabler=yes pciroot=1, chameleon2RC5 rev.1187, device id in nvdagf100hal.kext and cuda drivers (lion doesn't need anything else, snow leopard nvidia official drivers)

I got my card working with the official Nvidia drivers and NVEnabler (available in Multibeast 3.7.2). But I have to boot with the 32-bit kernel (64-bit kernel doesn't work). Also, I don't know how to check whether my graphics acceleration is working.

Hmm well I tried to play team fortress 2 on it. Seems to run fine, the detail is on high, so I guess it works correctly, Thanks. DO you know how to get the HDMI sound to work from the 460?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back