9800 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've spent the whole weekend trying to update my computer to 10.6.8. First it was working around the PCI configuration begin problem. Once I solved that, I lost my display ports on my desktop. I have searched far and wide on a solution, but to no avail.

After the computer boots up, the monitors go black. I can VNC into the machine and about this mac shows no Display Connector.

Has anybody found a solution to this?

My card is an eVGA GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB. I have an edited DSDT with the appropriate information and it has worked without a problem before the 10.6.8 update.

Thanks!

Hey

I had the same problem with my Ati 1gb 4870 and I fixed it with the flag AtiConfig=Vervet

Theres quite a few other flags related to the Ati cards which each correspond certain monitors, widescreen etc

I'm pretty sure there is a nvidia equivalent, not sure though

Good luck!

I had this issue with GeForce FT 430 and I'm trying to remember how I fixed it... I remember that I was able to launch iTunes via keyboard shortcuts and play music with the black screen, so if your situation is like mine: everything is booting correctly, just not your screen.
If you have an EFI string from 10.6.7 or earlier try getting rid of that, I remember it was fighting with the update for fermi cards and once I installed CUDA drivers and that nVidia update for fermi cards I didn't need the EFI string anymore (or rather, couldn't get things to work properly until it was gone).
Also, try hooking up with a VGA cable too if you can, I remember having a VGA and the DVI hooked up at the same time. My hackintosh thought I had two monitors hooked up, but I was able to switch back and forth between the two by changing my monitor's settings. At least one of them would always give me a display. At first I think only the VGA was working if that's any help.
...it was a while ago so I'm not 100% sure exactly what I did, but just make sure you have everything as up to date as you can. I've got the newest FakeSMC and it's plugins, the CUDA drivers, and the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update 2.1 and everything is working.

EDIT: You might need to switch graphicsenabler in com.apple.Boot.plist to yes

I'm a noob so surely experts have better ideas...
I can suggest you to let mac os x start in "safe" mode and then find out how to fix the problem using graphic tools (easier even if less effective in many cases).

You should start mac os x digiting -s before boot (iboot)

then:

mount -uw /
mkdir /kext_backup
mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV* /kext_backup
rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
reboot

Keep in mind that this way you'll have a backup of your kext and if anything goes wrong you can just copy files in S/L/E again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back