CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a hackintosh that's described in my profile and because of lack of NVidia web drivers for Mojave I have to stuck with High Sierra. Also I have a triple boot system (MacOS+Win+Ubuntu), I need NVidia card for ML purposes on Ubuntu, Win for gaming and MacOS for development. So the question is: is there any underwater rocks with buying RX570/580 to 2nd PCI-e slot to use it while booted with MacOS (NVidia card stays here just as PCI slot bung), and using NVidia for Ubuntu/Win, while RX stays just as PCI slot bung, is something from hardware/software side that could prevent this scenario from success? Thanks!

This is what I was thinking as well. My issues are... can it be done and how to deal with the different monitors?

This is what I was thinking as well. My issues are... can it be done and how to deal with the different monitors?
I have 1 monitor and well, yeah, you should be physically re-attaching it to corresponding VGA's port everytime you're booting to different OS (monitor to NVidia card for Ubuntu/Win, to AMD card for MacOS) I guess.

Did anybody try this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back