Nvidia Alternate Graphics Preventing Boot to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have just finished building my first hackintosh I installed all of the necessary drivers. I had been running my system using integrated graphics however, I just received my new Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti in the mail and wanted to use it in my new setup. Before installing the card, I installed the Nvidia alternate drivers and then restarted my computer with the boot flag nvda_drv=1. After attempting to boot with and without this boot flag the progress bar under the Apple logo is filled up like normal and then my monitor is displaying a no signal message. I have tried removing the 750 Ti and reinstalling the drivers with no success. I am able to boot in safe mode or by using the boot flag nv_disable=1.

My build is as follows:
Clover Bootloader version 2.3 UEFI
OSX 10.11.4
Intel i5 4690k
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard.

I am new to the forums please let me know if I need to provide any other information.

Thanks

Hello,
I have just finished building my first hackintosh I installed all of the necessary drivers. I had been running my system using integrated graphics however, I just received my new Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti in the mail and wanted to use it in my new setup. Before installing the card, I installed the Nvidia alternate drivers and then restarted my computer with the boot flag nvda_drv=1. After attempting to boot with and without this boot flag the progress bar under the Apple logo is filled up like normal and then my monitor is displaying a no signal message. I have tried removing the 750 Ti and reinstalling the drivers with no success. I am able to boot in safe mode or by using the boot flag nv_disable=1.

My build is as follows:
Clover Bootloader version 2.3 UEFI
OSX 10.11.4
Intel i5 4690k
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard.

I am new to the forums please let me know if I need to provide any other information.

Thanks
With GPU installed, boot with -v -f nv_disable=1 added to your boot-args
once at desktop, download and install the alternate drivers.
add boot-arg nvda_drv=1 to Clover boot-args
use the nVidia pref pane to change graphics to use the GPU
re-boot to UEFI/BIOS and make the first init display PCIe or the GPU if you can select it, save&exit, continue boot.
it should boot to desktop,

Last edited:
When I reach the Nvidia preferences pane it shows all of the slots as empty. However, on the About this Mac screen the card shows up.

When I reach the Nvidia preferences pane it shows all of the slots as empty. However, on the About this Mac screen the card shows up.
Put your build hardware in your profile and/or create a sig.
I do not have time to scroll up to find it.

Point 2 - this is the buying advice forum , not installation support. Please open a thread in the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back