Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Im currently have the Nvidia 8400 GS Graphics Card or more precisely...

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x10c3
Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

I've tired a couple of solutions but none that seem to have made a difference.

viewtopic.php?t=12646

This one is one of them.

Cheers

Andy

I have exactly the same card I have been struggling with every waking hour for days. I can't change resolutions.

I have used the latest Chimera and set GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x10c3
Revision ID: 0x00a2
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

After a lot of playing around I managed to upgrade to 10.7 by using...

"-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000"

I think installed the Kext (http://www.kexts.com/view/1534-download.html). All seem to be fine, but now when it reboots it halts on the Apple Logo screen. If run "-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000" i can see that it loads the kext, but when loads the grey apple screen.

Any ideas as to the problem?

Cheers

Andy

andypatten said:
After a lot of playing around I managed to upgrade to 10.7 by using...

"-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000"

I think installed the Kext (http://www.kexts.com/view/1534-download.html). All seem to be fine, but now when it reboots it halts on the Apple Logo screen. If run "-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000" i can see that it loads the kext, but when loads the grey apple screen.

Any ideas as to the problem?

Cheers

Andy

Always run System Utilities in Multibeast after making kext changes.

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

From another thread:

weaksauce12 said:
This is how I got my 1GB Zotac 8400GS VGA/DVI/HDMI working under Snow Leopard 10.6.7:

1. Added Device-ID to NVDANV50Hal.kext in SLE
2. Added GraphicsEnabler=y to Boot.plist in Extra
3. Boot via VGA or HDMI (DVI is usable if you boot VGA then swap)

Some notes:

1. The booting order is important (boot via either VGA or HDMI, but not DVI - you'll get a black screen at the desktop)

2. DVI is junk on my Zotac. You can use it if you boot up to VGA and then swap to DVI, but it "forgets" that setup every time you reboot. Fortunately, an HDMI to DVI cable works just fine.

I don't know how much of this will apply to your particular card, but this is what worked for me after much tinkering. It works and it's cheap! :D

Hi,

Thanks for this information but will the VGA option get me past the part where I'm stuck at the apple screen?

andypatten said:
Hi,

Thanks for this information but will the VGA option get me past the part where I'm stuck at the apple screen?

It is crashing on startup because there is something wrong with a kext file. If you put your original files back, remove NVEnabler.kext, and run System Utilities in Multibeast, that fix that. Then try full functionality solutions again.

Hi,

Thanks for all the help, i didn't have to do anything apart from go out and buy a VGA cable. It boots fine now without any problems and works flawlessly. Very strange.

Cheers for all the help.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back