Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

First try to order a silent - yet quite powerful config
No game, only modeling and CADs

My only concern is about the palit... will it work since no reference on that model?

-Intel Skylake Processeur Core i7-6700K
-Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Carte mère Intel ATX Socket LGA1151 / Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 (depend on amazon..)
-ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 - 160 Watt
-be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 Alimentation PC 650 W
-Ballistix Sport LT 32Go Kit
-Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX, 4GB GDDR5

All will fit in a Cooltek umx3 case

Any hint about this project ?

Thanks a lot

That GPU should work, but I would stick to something that is known for your first build (I assume). Only other advice would be to drop down to ~500w on the PSU IF you want to save a couple bucks.

Thanks chedda7 for your reply,

About the GPU I gave up upgrading MacPros/Modding Old G4 :) for this particular reason.
My second option was a dual xeon on an old MacrPro > or equivalent with dual CPU's
Well ... it will be a Try/fail for the Palit ...

I will try a lower 550W PSU since they've to be in charge between 80-100 % to be efficient

Yipee all the set up received :

-Intel Skylake Processeur Core i7-6700K
-Gigabyte Z170X Ultra gaming instead of the /UD5.
-Le Grand macho RT
-Seasonic - Platinum fanless 520 W
-Ballistix Sport LT 32Go Kit
-Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX, 4GB
-Fractal Design Define R5 case

Since I ordered a passive PSU + Passive GPU + Grand Macho RT in a Define R5 case...

Any advice concerning the grand macho use without fan?

Seems to me that this config should be 45° tilded (+/-mac pro 2013 system) (and made a wrong choice on the case)

fan system.png

Any advice concerning the grand macho use without fan?

That is a rather hight TDP CPU to be running fan less. Based of the illustration I assume you are going to have a rear exhaust fan? I would say you could remove the rear exhaust fan and keep a fan on the cooler pointed out that way.

Yes 95W.. on the edge of thermaltake recommandations.

This rear Fan annoys me since the air flow's blocked by the massive ventirad. I'll shut it down/remove it after OS X installation and thermal log.

But the main goal will be a fan less config (only case fan's) or at least an efficient combinaison of both system...

Do you plan on dual booting Windows at all?

Just a post to show the temperatures on idle.. quasi passive configuration works well.

The grand macho fan is off or v-low and switch only on charge..all I can hear is my switch in the other room :)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-11-15 à 12.41.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-11-15 à 12.41.05.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 126
Hello! I'm trying to update my graphics card to the same one you used and I'm having a hard time finding the KEXT file for it to work. Would you be so kind to share it with me?
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back