Intel 620
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to install Catalina on NUC8i7BEH. However, it keeps freezing on "AppleNVMe Assert failed". I have followed guide from:

I am suspecting the bios as it arrived upgraded "becfl357.86a.0077.2019.1127.1452" and I could not downgrade it. I have looked around in many threads and I could not find a solution.

Last edited:
After numerous trials, I managed to complete the installation. However, the machine was unstable and hanging a lot. Furthermore, now, it is not booting and getting stuck at the boot loading. Here is my EFI. I would appreciate any help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 53
I finally managed to fully boot Catalina. It seems that the problem was that I accidentally deleted "BE0056.bio" from the EFI. However, I am still facing 2 issues:
1- intermittent boot failure with Prohibited Sign
2- Instability of Mac OS as it runs fine for few minutes and it suddenly reboots even without me doing any activity.

Please, help

Attachments

• NUC8 HMB 18 march 2020.zip
    33 MB · Views: 144
I finally, managed to stabilize Catalina on NUC8i7BEH.The problem was in the Lilu file. However, I am still unable to resolve the intermittent boot failure with Prohibited Sign.

That EFI Folder is a mess on so many levels. what clover version are you using...

I didn't look at the config.plist but it probably has more settings then needed

I am using Clover_r5105. Would you please help me in fixing my EFI Folder.

I think I got the prohibited sign issue resolved. I have enabled I have enabled USB "Add ClockID" and it seems booting fine now.

View attachment 455760

Wrong feedback, it did not help. The prohibited sign problem still persists.

Last edited:
Finally, Prohibited Sign problem is resolved. I have added slide=0. I am not really sure why!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back