Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Greetings, currently running 10.15.5 on my NUC8, all works well however I've recently purchased a 2nd display and have connected it USB-C (out) HDMI Display (in). Upon boot, the primary display (HDMI out) turns on but i'm getting erratic behaviour from the 2nd display. If I unplug the USB-c cable, then plug it back in, all is good and both monitors operate normally without issue. Interested in knowing if others have had this issue. Many thanks!

Greetings, currently running 10.15.5 on my NUC8, all works well however I've recently purchased a 2nd display and have connected it USB-C (out) HDMI Display (in). Upon boot, the primary display (HDMI out) turns on but i'm getting erratic behaviour from the 2nd display. If I unplug the USB-c cable, then plug it back in, all is good and both monitors operate normally without issue. Interested in knowing if others have had this issue. Many thanks!
Yes, that's happened to several users and reported in the thread I'll link you too. I've got some EFI folders posted there the device ID for display I'm using works well with two monitors at boot. Even using my configuration others have had to change cables or adapters to make a difference. In some cases the other monitor just would not behave and had to be plugged in after boot but that's rare.

Leesureone.. thanks so much for your assistance. I used your NUC8Clover EFI and the system boots fine with 1 monitor, however if I connect the 2nd display (NUC-USB-c/Monitor-HDMI) the primary monitor shuts off and the 2nd display is on with a black screen. I'm currently running 10.15.5. Do you suspect going with one of your other EFI's using OC may be a viable alternative? Thanks for your efforts here, great work!

Leesureone.. thanks so much for your assistance. I used your NUC8Clover EFI and the system boots fine with 1 monitor, however if I connect the 2nd display (NUC-USB-c/Monitor-HDMI) the primary monitor shuts off and the 2nd display is on with a black screen. I'm currently running 10.15.5. Do you suspect going with one of your other EFI's using OC may be a viable alternative? Thanks for your efforts here, great work!
The other EFI uploads are all configured with the same for display properties. As I mentioned other users have fixed the issue by changing cables. You can also try updating the HDMI firmware available from intel‘s website.

You can try changing the ID as described here

Or you can try using Hackintool to specify other IDs and or connector types which is more complex and maybe not worth your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back