HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!
I have an Intel NUC DC3217BY with a fully working 10.9.4 Mavericks copy on it. Since you guys released the guide for the Yosemite install i was wondering if i can install the new OSX 10.10 with the INTEL integrated components without much trouble. I searched in the wiki for all the components but i'm not really sure.
Can you guys help me?
Thank you in advance :D

Are you asking how to install it to your computer because I have the same computer and I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite. If that's what your trying to do I can help you.

Are you asking how to install it to your computer because I have the same computer and I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite. If that's what your trying to do I can help you.

Hi, hackabyte.

I'm wanting to upgrade to 10.10 on the same model nuc and I'd be interested how you achieved it and whether there were any problems.

OS X is running as smooth as mavericks did after the update. To upgrade delete the /Extra folder from the root of your hard drive. This is your multibeast. If you don't delete this, unibeast can't boot into os x after install. Download the yosemite installer from the app store them make a unibeast installer. Boot off it and install. Don't worry about opening up disk utility. If you don't format the drive you can keep your files. Reboot and boot of unibeast again. It will boot yosemite and then reinstall multibeast. the multibeast settings are the same. I hope this works for you and anyone else who upgrades :thumbup:.

Last edited:
Im about to transfer a working Yosemite install to a new NUC i just purchased, I plan on delteing the extra folder, booting with a yosemite boot drive i have and do as you say, there is a install guide by wonkeydonkey that has a bunch of mach kernel switching asnd stuff, did you do this? or only the first time with the mavericks install, just trying to figure out what i need to do and seeing if i can get it in a bootable state before i even throw it in the NUC!

Great. I hope you have a successful install. :thumbup:

No kernal switching is required. Just grab a unibeast drive, install without formatting(unless it's on a new hard drive), and install MultiBeast or Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back