Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NUC5i5MYHE
CPU
i5-5300U
Graphics
HD 5500
Hi all,

I have a NUC5i5MYHE which works very well.
However, I cannot use WOL and/or restart after power failure.

The idea is to be able to start the hack remotely. I have a homekit plug which is a good solution to boot the computer by selecting "restart after power failure" in the BIOS. Indeed when I switch on the plug with my iPhone it boots the NUC.

This works well with Windows (both WOL and restart after power failure).

However, when I shutdown my NUC from macOS High Sierra this doesn't work. I can see that the ethernet LED is off and the restart after power failure doesn't work.

It seems that macOS do not put the NUC in the same s5 mode than Windows.
Is somebody know how I can solve this issue? I have fixshutdown ticked, otherwise the computer restart automatically just after shutdown.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a NUC5i5MYHE which works very well.
However, I cannot use WOL and/or restart after power failure.

The idea is to be able to start the hack remotely. I have a homekit plug which is a good solution to boot the computer by selecting "restart after power failure" in the BIOS. Indeed when I switch on the plug with my iPhone it boots the NUC.

This works well with Windows (both WOL and restart after power failure).

However, when I shutdown my NUC from macOS High Sierra this doesn't work. I can see that the ethernet LED is off and the restart after power failure doesn't work.

It seems that macOS do not put the NUC in the same s5 mode than Windows.
Is somebody know how I can solve this issue? I have fixshutdown ticked, otherwise the computer restart automatically just after shutdown.

Thanks!

Did you follow the guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-uefi-nuc5i5mhye-nuc5i3myhe-etc.233256/

Thank you for your answer. I was not aware of this tutorial.
Before to check everything and post my files here, could you just let me know if WOL could work and also restart after power failure? Because I see that we are supposed to disable WOL feature into the bios. Thanks!

Thank you for your answer. I was not aware of this tutorial.
Before to check everything and post my files here, could you just let me know if WOL could work and also restart after power failure? Because I see that we are supposed to disable WOL feature into the bios. Thanks!

As per my NUC guide, WOL is to be disabled.

Thank you. Do you have a chance to test the « restart after power failure » on your own NUC?
Just to know if this could work.

It is my understanding (from Mieze) that macOS/OS X does not support this (WOL from S4/S5) in its Ethernet interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back