Contribute
Register

npci=0x2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it ended up in your plist, it is likely that the DSDT code put it there.

Is it necessary....you could try to delete it and restart, if you get a KP, you will know it is necessary. You will then need to either restart with the rBoot disk or stop your startup at the Chimera screen (space bar at Chimera) and type ncpi=0x2000 before selecting your HDD, then put it back in the plist.

If everything is working fine and it appeared 'by itself' you could just leave it alone....

Are you running SL or Lion? You could do a search in the forums and see what hardware requires it if you want to further investigate.

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=27515

SnapMan said:

Is it necessary....you could try to delete it and restart, if you get a KP, you will know it is necessary. You will then need to either restart with the rBoot disk or stop your startup at the Chimera screen (space bar at Chimera) and type ncpi=0x2000 before selecting your HDD, then put it back in the plist.

If everything is working fine and it appeared 'by itself' you could just leave it alone....

Are you running SL or Lion? You could do a search in the forums and see what hardware requires it if you want to further investigate.

Yea I was thinking it probably came from my DSDT. Im running lion now and everything works great. I booted up my clone drive and removed it and wake from sleep stopped working, so I guess Ill leave it alone.

kingpinjimi said:
SnapMan said:

Yea I was thinking it probably came from my DSDT. Im running lion now and everything works great. I booted up my clone drive and removed it and wake from sleep stopped working, so I guess Ill leave it alone.

WRONG.

The dsdt will never change any code in a plist file (or wathever file on a hard drive!)
The only things that a dsdt do is allow hardware to communicate with the software.

The flag is necessary on 10.6.8+ (incl. Lion) if you didn't replace some kext's with the one from the 10.6.7 combo update.

Fly....you are correct, the DSDT is referenced by the system.

The ncpi=0x2000 comes from MultiBeast/Customization/Boot Options/PCI Configuration Fix

Adds npci=0x2000 to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

And it possible to probable that EasyBeast installs it, though it isn't listed specifically as such in the latest version of MB for Lion.

Yeah, it's certainly included.

But there is maybe a DSDT fix for that flag, I'll look into it.

Well I am NOT using easybeast, and I did a clean install of Lion. As I said earlier, I do not remember selecting it in multibeast, but maybe I did :p Either way my system runs perfect so.... If it ain't broke....

It's also certainly included in UserDSDT because no hackintosh can (atm) run lion without that fix (and 10.6.8, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back