Contribute
Register

Notshy's guide (wake on bluetooth) no longer works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE H77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i5-2500K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I'm referring to Notshy's guide that edits IOBluetoothFamily.kext to add the USB bluetooth device (such as Rocketfish Mini Bluetooth USB) to plist to enable bluetooth devices (like magic trackpad) to wake the computer from sleep. It is located here: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7940&start=280

The problem is that in 10.8 IOBluetoothFamily.kext, the plist file that the guide tells you to modify is no longer there. I had to use the IOBluetoothFamily.kext from 10.7.4 to get it working and it's actually working quite well. However, is there a way to modify the 10.8 kext so I don't have to rely on old kexts?

It seems the Info.plist file is still there but in a slightly different kext. It's also hidden. I followed Notshy's guide again and everything's working.

I am looking for this solution too. Where did you find the plist file?

J

The exact location is:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Info.plist is actually hidden. Below is the code I used for my Rocketfish Mini Bluetooth USB adapter and it works just like it did in 10.7.4:

Code:
        <key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_NOTSHY</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
            <string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport</string>
            <key>IOClass</key>
            <string>BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport</string>
            <key>IOProviderClass</key>
            <string>IOUSBDevice</string>
            <key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>idProduct</key>
            <integer>19829</integer>
            <key>idVendor</key>
            <integer>1121</integer>
        </dict>

Ok, cool. I think I found it. Unfortunately I've got a CSR based chip (Cambridge Silicon Radio) and I have yet to find a solution that enables this device by default...

I know that apple branded CSR modules work, but mine is not lol. I'll keep searching. Thanks for the reply.

J

I bought a belkin mini bluetooth adapter and everything works great ie apple keyboard and magic mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back