Contribute
Register

Notes on the latest Monterey release 12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your quick response. However, after resetting NVRAM even though USB drive is selected, it reverts back to selecting the boot drive screen, refusing to boot from USB. I set up the boot priority in BIOS, NVMe, then USB. Reboot, press F12 to select the boot drive, then I selected USB. the attached is after booting from NVMe(HD). It shows the USB but no USB EFI folder.

Thank you.

Attachments

• OC077-MOD1.png
    OC077-MOD1.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
Yes, I deleted the one and copied the one you modified to USB. This is the USB working fine with OC 0.7.6.
OC076-Monterey-USB.png

This is what I expect to see except this USB is for Monterey and OC0.7.6.

Last edited:
Yes, I deleted the one and copied the one you modified to USB. This is the USB working fine with OC 0.7.6.
View attachment 541020
This is what I expect to see except this USB is for Monterey and OC0.7.6.
Ok - Upload this EFI Folder and I will take a look and see if I can convert it for Monterey for you to try. Just as a side note, if you have other spare USB Drives, try on those incase that particular Drive is defective because OCvalidate returns no errors.

Hi - If your EFI Folder is setup correctly for your machine, you should have no problems with this latest EFI Folder (see the before and after pics). I have made corrections and updates to the files within, just remember to remove the number '3' from EFI 3 before adding the Folder to the USB Drive. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 5.54.51 am.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 5.54.51 am.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 6.51.08 am.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 6.51.08 am.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 22
  • EFI 3.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 35
Good Morning. It was success. Thank you for your help.

EFI-3 After Mod.png

It was a very interesting as well as frustrating experience to learn there are so many ways to modify and verify using many different tools. However I can rest easy now that there are many knowledgeable people like yourself to help others in need.

If I may ask one more question; it used to pick OS X in picker display by "Control + C," I tried it again but always points to the first HD which is Windows. I like to make it pointing OS X .......

Thank you.

Happy you got it sorted, yes the Allow CTRL+Enter will set the default boot device, plus if you go into the BIOS, make the OS X Disk the first in the boot order and then save (that is if your multi booting i.e Windows and OS X all on separate Disks). Enjoy!!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back