Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a TPLink Wireless card and it uses a Atheros based chip.
I know the other models that work but I already had this card and I like it..
But I can't find the kext to make my card work.

I'm using Mavericks and I have a Asus Sabertooth Z87.. If that is something you need to know.
Please help.. If you are good can you make a me a kext? (I saw youtube videos of people talking about it and I see comments asking to make kexts for stuff, so I thought maybe someone can make me one if there isn't?)

Thanks..
And do I need a modded DSDT to make my Hackintosh work.. I swear I read online that UEFI-Based motherboards/newer ones don't need a modded DSDT.. I posted a thread in the section and got no reply.. If you know please tell me quickly!

Thanks so much... Need my wifi to work! Ahh

I have a TPLink Wireless card and it uses a Atheros based chip.
I know the other models that work but I already had this card and I like it..
But I can't find the kext to make my card work.

I'm using Mavericks and I have a Asus Sabertooth Z87.. If that is something you need to know.
Please help.. If you are good can you make a me a kext? (I saw youtube videos of people talking about it and I see comments asking to make kexts for stuff, so I thought maybe someone can make me one if there isn't?)

Thanks..
And do I need a modded DSDT to make my Hackintosh work.. I swear I read online that UEFI-Based motherboards/newer ones don't need a modded DSDT.. I posted a thread in the section and got no reply.. If you know please tell me quickly!

Thanks so much... Need my wifi to work! Ahh

AR9382 does not appear to be supported.

On amazon for the reviews people say it worked oob for their Hackintosh.. This is weird.
Cant someone make a .kext to make it work?

It is device id 168c:0030, right? Well, there is already a driver in OS X for that device... But for some reason only 168c:0030 work if it is full size mini PCIe AR5BXB112 (ar9380), not the others which share this same deviceid: AR5BXB114 (ar9390), AR5BHB116 (ar9382), AR5BHB118 (ar9392), AR5BHB112 (ar9380).

Must be something different about the other devices which the OS X driver just can't handle...

It is device id 168c:0030, right? Well, there is already a driver in OS X for that device... But for some reason only 168c:0030 work if it is full size mini PCIe AR5BXB112 (ar9380), not the others which share this same deviceid: AR5BXB114 (ar9390), AR5BHB116 (ar9382), AR5BHB118 (ar9392), AR5BHB112 (ar9380).

Must be something different about the other devices which the OS X driver just can't handle...
I am not sure what's the device ID sadly. D:
So there is no way at all to make this card work?
I was mistaken; the amazon product listing had all the TPLink Wifi cards in the listing so the reviews were mixed.. The one that worked out of the box was the TP-Link Tl-WDN4800, and I had the WDN3800 model..

I really want this to work though..
If I really have to, I will return it on Amazon (probably for half the purchase price 'cuz I bought it a month and a half ago) and buy the other model that people say works oob and people on the forums also say it does.

I hope I can find a solution though before I resort to it.
And another question I NEED solved: I made a thread but no one answered.. Do I need to have my DSDT patched on my Asus Sabertooth z87 Motherboard? I read somewhere that modern day UEFI based mobos dont need it patched.. But IDK.
And when I used multibeast to instal audio drivers, the DSDT driver worked but the Non-DSDT driver DID NOT, even though I have a non-patched mobo, since it's not technically "supported".

I know its off topic, but you're a moderator that has a lot of knowledge so I hope you can answer my questions as soon as possible.
Thanks so much again,
Quin

I am not sure what's the device ID sadly. D:
So there is no way at all to make this card work?
I was mistaken; the amazon product listing had all the TPLink Wifi cards in the listing so the reviews were mixed.. The one that worked out of the box was the TP-Link Tl-WDN4800, and I had the WDN3800 model..

I really want this to work though..
If I really have to, I will return it on Amazon (probably for half the purchase price 'cuz I bought it a month and a half ago) and buy the other model that people say works oob and people on the forums also say it does.

I hope I can find a solution though before I resort to it.
And another question I NEED solved: I made a thread but no one answered.. Do I need to have my DSDT patched on my Asus Sabertooth z87 Motherboard? I read somewhere that modern day UEFI based mobos dont need it patched.. But IDK.
And when I used multibeast to instal audio drivers, the DSDT driver worked but the Non-DSDT driver DID NOT, even though I have a non-patched mobo, since it's not technically "supported".

I know its off topic, but you're a moderator that has a lot of knowledge so I hope you can answer my questions as soon as possible.
Thanks so much again,
Quin

I'm not familiar enough with your specific board to answer. I prefer to do things with DSDT, regardless of whether it is "necessary" or not. I'd much rather have DSDT patches than various "enablers" or patches to kexts... Some people take the "easy" way, I use the "reliable and stable" way.

Having the same issue but with the AR9380 chipset. The system recognizes it but it won't connect to anything or even show networks. It is the 168c:0030 model so I think it should work? This is in a fresh install of Mavericks 10.90 and I should note this is not on my system (my signature) it's a friends, Mavericks works otherwise with the only boot flag of GraphicsEnabler=Off. If that's important. . .

That's the cared from NCIX and the specs on WikiDevi.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=69169
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WDN4800

Having the same issue but with the AR9380 chipset. The system recognizes it but it won't connect to anything or even show networks. It is the 168c:0030 model so I think it should work? This is in a fresh install of Mavericks 10.90 and I should note this is not on my system (my signature) it's a friends, Mavericks works otherwise with the only boot flag of GraphicsEnabler=Off. If that's important. . .

What do you see in the ioregistry?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

oh no. I just bought the card since everyone said it worked and I owned the 3800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back