Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a virtually fully functioning hack, one thing though - it will not wake from sleep. When I tell it to sleep, the screen goes blank and the fans increase in speed and never die down. Then I cannot wake it up. Keyboard, mouse or power button don't wake it. I have to power off holding down the power button.

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers in advance,

Dave.

Hi all,

I have a virtually fully functioning hack, one thing though - it will not wake from sleep. When I tell it to sleep, the screen goes blank and the fans increase in speed and never die down. Then I cannot wake it up. Keyboard, mouse or power button don't wake it. I have to power off holding down the power button.

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers in advance,

Dave.

I have the exact same system except i am using the intel hd 3000, and sleep works. i also have the f12 bios.. maybe that would help to update, also check bios setting to allow wake from mouse and or keyboard.

After a clean install it now sleeps and wakes as it should. Apart from USB sticks that say disk wasn't ejected properly.... I think a search for that will solve my probs.

are you using the DSDT that has the USB sleep fix? it makes USB work after sleep where you don't have to replug it. Here's the DSDT.aml for the F10 which I'm using myself:

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    18.4 KB · Views: 80
After a clean install it now sleeps and wakes as it should. Apart from USB sticks that say disk wasn't ejected properly.... I think a search for that will solve my probs.

Hi. @thedman I have the same problem. Do you mean that you did a clean install of the OS or of the gigabyte bios? I'm not sure how to solve the sleep issue from your message.

Thanks!
MJPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back